• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    No green tip or armor penetrating. Generally only outdoor ranges allow it.

Guntrys is allowing steel case like Wolf though because its all they can get for rentals, so "if I'm selling it I can't really tell you you can't use it can I" lol

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    No green tip or armor penetrating. Generally only outdoor ranges allow it.

Guntrys is allowing steel case like Wolf though because its all they can get for rentals, so "if I'm selling it I can't really tell you you can't use it can I" lol
    Wait, what? My regular Wolf and Tula 123gr Russian ammo is allowed?! Seriously?

Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    That's a no. Steel cases aren't even allowed let alone steel core ammo.

The only indoor range that has given me the GTG on steel CASE has been Freestate but sometimes that answer seems to change depending on who I ask.

Can't speak for Guntry, haven't been up there yet, too far away.

Feb 28, 2013
    The only indoor range that has given me the GTG on steel CASE has been Freestate but sometimes that answer seems to change depending on who I ask.

Can't speak for Guntry, haven't been up there yet, too far away.

Freestate wont give ya shit on steel CASE.. as opposed to steel CORE???

Nice to finally git a decent answer on that one

Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    Freestate wont give ya shit on steel CASE.. as opposed to steel CORE???

Nice to finally git a decent answer on that one

The last time I went they let me use steel case, but I wouldn't count on them to be consistent so take what I say with a grain of salt. Obviously steel CORE ammo is very much not allowed. They WILL ask you to take your ammo out so they can make sure there's no steel in the bullet, at least they did for me.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    As soon as the ammo crisis settles down, I’m sure all the ranges will go back to telling customers that they can’t use steel cased or bimetallic bullets because sparking will set the unburnt powder on fire and blow up the building.

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    The Machine Gun Nest has always allowed steel cased ammo; Wolf, Tula, etc etc . They even use it in some of their guns. Just NO - M855, SS109, or any Steel Core ammo

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Given the current political(and otherwise) climate, the last thing I want to shoot up is my green-tip ammo.

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    Given the current political(and otherwise) climate, the last thing I want to shoot up is my green-tip ammo.
    I... just wanted to go through 30 rounds for break in. If not indoors then at Hap Baker. No biggie.

I _am_ kinds bothered that there is no straight answer about combloc steelcase indoors, cause I'm thinking about getting some US made M43 for my VZ58 for indoors and it's 3x the price of Wolf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom