• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    California’s law requiring background checks on every purchase of ammunition has been a gigantic clusterfark since it took effect back in 2018. Since then, tens of thousands of Californians have been denied the ability to purchase ammunition because of problems with the government’s database of gun owners, while others have had to wait through lengthy delays to simply purchase a box or two of ammunition.

Yes, you can be saved from than gun violins stuff by your imperious leaders!
    IDENTITY AND INTEREST OF AMICI STATES
    The amici States of Illinois, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey,New Mexico, New York, Oregon,Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, and Washington submit this brief in support of Defendant-Appellant California Attorney General Xavier Becerra(“California”)pursuant to Federal Rule of Appellate Procedure 29(a)(2).The amici States have a substantial interest in the public health, safety, and welfare, which includes an interest in protecting their residents from the harmful effects of gun violence.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    https://michellawyers.com/rhode-v-becerra/

Seems to me there needs to be more amicus briefs for Defendants.

First, the amici States object to the district court’s conclusion that the Second Amendment constrained California’s ability to enact the ammunition regulations at issue here. As the Supreme Court has recognized, the Second Amendment allows States to address the harmful effects of gun violence through new regulations. And California’s ammunition regulations—which are similar to numerous laws across the country—are an appropriate exercise of that prerogative.

Second, the amici States disagree with the district court’s apparent view that California’s interests in public safety and crime prevention cannot be substantiated by the types of evidence presented here. On the contrary, it is settled that States may support their interests in public safety and crime prevention with a wide range of evidence, including social science studies and legislative findings.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Metallic cartridges have been around since the 1850's, if not before.
    Smokeless has been around almost as long.

Creating a step-by-step guide starting at raw materials through finished ammunition would be neat.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Every time I think that I finally have enough ammo... something comes along and tells me, "Not yet".

yea, I know.. Wife says I have "enough ammo"!!:innocent0

Like I never have enough ammo or guns~!!:thumbsup:

OH, BTW. For me and many in family, There is never a compelling government interest used to deny a fundamental right. "Public Safety"?
    When I CCW without a permit to do so!
    When is strict scrutiny used?

Strict scrutiny is often used by courts when a plaintiff sues the government for discrimination. To pass strict scrutiny, the legislature must have passed the law to further a "compelling governmental interest," and must have narrowly tailored the law to achieve that interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom