• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Have you looked at the Griffen Armament GP7? A direct thread suppressor that was designed to be pinned to the barrel and making it a one stamp firearm.
    The GP7 is based off the Recce 7, which I have used and is a nice can. I haven't used a GP7, but I am sure it is great for a one stamp gun. Unfortunately, as far as I am aware, it only comes in 5/8x24, which most AKs cannot be threaded to due to their thin barrels. You would need a 14x1 to 5/8x24 thread adapter, which is more annoying than something like a JMAC x37 muzzle device + Dead Air Nomad/YHM Resonator/SilencerCo Omega/Rex Silentium MG7. That is a shame, since the GP7 can be had for really cheap if you know where to look or have the Griffin Military/LEO/Veteran discount. For now I'm happy with the Dead Air Wolverine, but who knows what I'll decide down the road.

As it stands right now, this pistol is fairly lightweight for a tricked out AK (aka 2 pounds heavier than a .300 BLK AR haha) . It points well, transitions well, reticle picks up super easy, and is about the same length as a 103 series AK. But it folds to the right instead of left, which means it can fire from a folded position, and can retain the optic while folded. The accupoint is rugged, lightweight, and never needs a battery change. Should be capable of using cheap subsonic and supersonic ammo, and has the fantastic AK magazines going for it. I think it is a pretty unique setup, and am really happy with how it came out. I'll run it through some drills this week and see if I still like it after lugging it around for a few hours.

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    I have had great luck with the Micro Draco. With a single point bungee sling, there’s no need to SBR.

Attachments

• 682E2367-6275-4C73-90D7-72EDC837237E.jpeg
      682E2367-6275-4C73-90D7-72EDC837237E.jpeg
      60.6 KB · Views: 467
    I have had great luck with the Micro Draco. With a single point bungee sling, there’s no need to SBR.
    Is the zero consistent on that? Just curious because that thing is suspicious quotation marks short which leads me to believe that there's more than a normal amount of rattle. Also why not just go with a handstop for push forward stability aka m9 lanyard? Less pressure on the pistol grip perhaps? Genuinely asking and not being a shadowy condescending jerk off. Schnykies, I wouldn't even know where to put the other hand lol

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    C39 is a great gun if you want to suppress it. They guarantee the threads are concentric.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Zasatava PAP M92 with permanently attached Spikes Dynacomp (which emits a tremendous fireball) and Manticore stock, with Stormwerkz folding stock adapter and wedge will get you to 31" OAL.
    3bb3852bd935bc3adbee0cac8d0042a3.jpg
    2e965add78b6a1dc6df6d4e27a4ccbfa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

schnejerator

dabbled in pacifism once
    Sep 26, 2014
    haggistucky
    Another M92 build going for wood furniture (Tung Oil rubbed afromosia). Ironwood Designs did the stock up right for this frankengun as it's their NPAP "improved" shape but extended to about 10.6" (for OAL > 29") and mounting to a standard Yugo trunnion. You could pin the flash hider and be legal with a normal length stock too.

Milled down the FSB and threaded the barrel for a clean front end. Tapco G2 trigger and mags for 922 compliance, with a Stormwerkz rail and red dot up top.

M92_build.jpg

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Are there any stock options that offer enough length so that I don't have to weld on a muzzle device (for a Zpap or WBP Jack)? Also, is the Krink or Bulgy booster considered a "flash hider"? I just reallllly don't want to permanently attach anything.

And yes....necropost

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Are there any stock options that offer enough length so that I don't have to weld on a muzzle device (for a Zpap or WBP Jack)? Also, is the Krink or Bulgy booster considered a "flash hider"? I just reallllly don't want to permanently attach anything.

And yes....necropost
    For the ZPAP you would need to do something like this:

It’s possible a 1913 adapter to hinged buffer tube adapter + A5 length buffer tube + extendable stock or some other odd combo would do it.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Just heard from Atlantic that the Yugo M70 folder is 9.75". Zpap is 19.3" Should be good enough to get to 29.05". Maybe add a recoil pad for good measure

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Just heard from Atlantic that the Yugo M70 folder is 9.75". Zpap is 19.3" Should be good enough to get to 29.05". Maybe add a recoil pad for good measure
    Good to know. That’ll be way less terrible looking than what I suggested. Thanks for sharing.

Same here did the Zastava MPAP 92 made a thread for it here

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom