• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HSTD

Mar 25, 2020
    Clear Spring
    Funny thing about those baby Glocks, when they came available for off duty, few were having a hard time qualifying with those little things. People will have issues with 25 yards with the 26 if they choose it.

I've seen a few people who shot better with a G27, than they did with a G22 or G23, myself included.

But then again, I would also do better with a SW640 than I ever did with a P229.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I've seen a few people who shot better with a G27, than they did with a G22 or G23, myself included.

But then again, I would also do better with a SW640 than I ever did with a P229.

Timed at 25 yards for a qual? That's pretty good.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    Sometimes I wonder if the ammo manufacturers aren't trying to kill 357 SIG and 10mm. I think most people shooting these calibers would appreciate ammo that was loaded on the hot side; otherwise shoot 9mm. A fair amount of 10mm barely exceeds 40 S&W; some 357 SIG doesn't perform much better than 9mm +P+.

Sometimes I wonder if the ammo manufacturers aren't trying to kill 357 SIG and 10mm. I think most people shooting these calibers would appreciate ammo that was loaded on the hot side; otherwise shoot 9mm. A fair amount of 10mm barely exceeds 40 S&W; some 357 SIG doesn't perform much better than 9mm +P+.

I think it was the ammo company's lawyers convincing them to tame down the rounds.
    Underwood and Buffalo Bore load ammo the way it was originally intended. The big guys just dumbed down .357 Sig and 10mm.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    All you need is a shotgun. Fire two blasts. Corn Pop will be running.

Oswaldo87

Feb 1, 2020
    Frederick County
    It’s my department’s caliber of choice but we are changing soon. I was forward thinking a couple years ago and bought a G32. Now I realize I have accumulated a couple thousand of rounds from extras in the pockets at the end of training days.
    It will be a bug-out gun or something. I’ll shoot the rest of the partial boxes and tape everything else up for storage.
    Damn flat shooting round. Not to brag but I was able to group a handful of shots at 100yds. The group was about 6” to the left but same level as POA.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    That is the reason my USP-C is my bug out gun, barrels for .40, 357Sig, and 9mm. And it shoots them all without a recoil spring or mag change. Now its got a Vortex Red dot on it also.
    As for the USSS we have a couple of them that belong to my club in Frederick. They get or did get 600 rounds every month for practice in 357Sig. And they never pick up their brass so its all nickel-plated Speer brass. I have tubs of it, also from my days shooting Gold Dots in competition (until Rem came out with reloads).

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

wingsfan

Feb 11, 2017
    Ceciltucky
    I can confirm that my agency is dropping the Sig Sauer P229 in .357 Sig in favor of the 9mm Glock. Several reasons, most of them I agree with:
    - ammo is crazy expensive
    - new shooters are intimidated by the .357 Sig round as it makes a louder bang (not kidding, this was a concern...)
    - Sig Sauer used to be a great company. Their quality control slipped a bit over the years. Pretty much when they started making stuff here instead of Germany.
    - Glocks are cheap to make, cheap to buy, and cheap to service. They also have a lot more magazine options.
    - 9mm ammo is much cheaper to buy and easier to find than .357 Sig.
    - Current 9mm ammo offers much improved ballistic capabilities over the past 9mm. Over penetration is no longer a problem with the right ammo selection.
    - Glocks are a lot lighter than the Sig Sauer. If you think this is a non-issue, try carrying one for 25 years.
    - My agency in their infinite wisdom would never allow us to mount lights to our pistols. Apparently the Mensa member that made up that rule retired and now everyone will be issued a light for their weapon.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be getting a Glock 21, but I will take the 19.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    I can confirm that my agency is dropping the Sig Sauer P229 in .357 Sig in favor of the 9mm Glock. Several reasons, most of them I agree with:
    - ammo is crazy expensive
    - new shooters are intimidated by the .357 Sig round as it makes a louder bang (not kidding, this was a concern...)
    - Sig Sauer used to be a great company. Their quality control slipped a bit over the years. Pretty much when they started making stuff here instead of Germany.
    - Glocks are cheap to make, cheap to buy, and cheap to service. They also have a lot more magazine options.
    - 9mm ammo is much cheaper to buy and easier to find than .357 Sig.
    - Current 9mm ammo offers much improved ballistic capabilities over the past 9mm. Over penetration is no longer a problem with the right ammo selection.
    - Glocks are a lot lighter than the Sig Sauer. If you think this is a non-issue, try carrying one for 25 years.
    - My agency in their infinite wisdom would never allow us to mount lights to our pistols. Apparently the Mensa member that made up that rule retired and now everyone will be issued a light for their weapon.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be getting a Glock 21, but I will take the 19.

Will you be allowed to purchase your issue firearm? I sense a disturbance in the surplus LEO force....

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    We were never allowed to purchase our service weapons. I tried very hard when we transitioned from wheel guns to SIG. Absolutely not going to happen, I believe was the exact response I received, and that was back in 1992 or 93.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom