• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Michigan lawsuit filed over the quarantine

It challenges the entire executive order pursuant to the First, Second, and Fourteenth Amendments to the United States Constitution, the Contracts Clause of the United States Constitution, 42 U.S.C. § 1983, and Article I, § 6 of the Michigan Constitution, challenging Defendant Whitmer’s authority to issue Executive Order 2020-42 and its draconian measures as applied to criminalize Plaintiffs’ peaceful activity and thus deprive Plaintiffs of their fundamental liberties and freedom.

Attachments

• Beemer-v-Whitmer-Filed-Complaint (Michigan Qurantine Lawsuit).pdf
      130.7 KB · Views: 176

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    The problem I see with these type of law suits is that the lower courts will mostly rule in favor of .GOV, with some exceptions. But never make it high enough to matter as the time it takes to matriculate through this will be over so the courts will say now moot and move along serf.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    The problem I see with these type of law suits is that the lower courts will mostly rule in favor of .GOV, with some exceptions. But never make it high enough to matter as the time it takes to matriculate through this will be over so the courts will say now moot and move along serf.

Sounds a lot like New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. New York.

For those unfamiliar: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=231778

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    A Michigan friend of mine went fishing with 3 of his buddies last weekend. They were all standing in different areas on the banks of a stream. Because the four of them were all from separate residences, the DNR cited each of them and with a $1000 fine for violating the executive order.

ihriec

Aug 10, 2013
    If not for this time, for the next time because you know it's going to happen again.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008

Thats not true. Louisiana took years to make its way through courts. But it still did. Louisiana Supreme Court found in favor of the citizens of New Orleans.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    damnit

Thats not true. Louisiana took years to make its way through courts. But it still did. Louisiana Supreme Court found in favor of the citizens of New Orleans.

That still burns me. I could not believe how the po po just took guns from the ppor peoploe on top of their houses who were trying to protect their flooded houses from their rooftops- NOT going and looting. Damn I get pissed over that. Damn George W. Rockefeller.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    A Michigan friend of mine went fishing with 3 of his buddies last weekend. They were all standing in different areas on the banks of a stream. Because the four of them were all from separate residences, the DNR cited each of them and with a $1000 fine for violating the executive order.

Wow that’s some ********

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom