• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    So did you build it as a pistol and then sbr it?

Yes, I bought an ak to ar stock adapter then I bought one of the adjustable kak blades to go over the buffer tube until the stamp came back

Hoons

May 15, 2019
    I built one from yugo kit before I moved to md. I'd like to know the sbr process as well as I have some kits laying around. Which receiver manufacturer did u go with?

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    I built one from yugo kit before I moved to md. I'd like to know the sbr process as well as I have some kits laying around. Which receiver manufacturer did u go with?

I made it from an 80% receiver from Recreator Blanks and built it up as a pistol until my form 1 came back. simply just fill out an E-form, send in fingerprint cards, wait about a month for approval, then remove your pistol brace and add a stock! pretty simple :) message me if you have any more questions!

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    Who did the barrel cutting and threading?

Well i'm a bit of a DIY person, so I did 10+ hours of research over the course of a few weeks and found an inexpensive way to make a barrel facing tool and how to crown it. It actually turned out pretty well. I started by removing the front sight, using a 14x1 LH die and starting off on the original threads so I didn't have to worry about making sure everything was lined up, putting threads all the way down to where I needed them with just a little bit extra for facing off, cut the barrel off as square as I could, then I used my facing tool, and finally used the brass screw and lapping compound method to add a crown. It's not gonna give you match rifle accuracy, but I think it turned out fantastic for being a home project. I did everything DIY, including electro-etching my NFA required info on the receiver. I just really needed a challenging project instead of a gun that's simply assembled lol

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    trying to figure out how to add pics to this, so that will be arriving whenever I figure it out

C7Qjfx6

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    home-shop cut and threaded muzzle

Attachments

• 20200312-204236.jpg
      20200312-204236.jpg
      26.9 KB · Views: 222
    • 20200312-204243.jpg
      20200312-204243.jpg
      39.1 KB · Views: 222
    • 20200312-204256.jpg
      20200312-204256.jpg
      27.1 KB · Views: 224
    • 20200312-204301.jpg
      20200312-204301.jpg
      31.5 KB · Views: 228

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    For my first build, I chose to just but pre-headspaced barrel to save a bit of money on the gauges, but I may take you up on that offer in the future! Thank you!

Future is now. Just to be safe you should gauge it b4 you shoot it. It takes like no time at all, aside from us figuring out when to meet up

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    dude

Finally got the stamp back today!!! It was built off of a Romanian model 63 parts kit and 80% receiver. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I didn't even paint/blue the receiver, as I changed my mind after seeing the condition of the parts and wanted to have the used look!

dude.... me likey

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

The SBR process is easy.

Step 1
    Create an account on the eforms website.

Step 2
    Start the Form 1.

Step 3
    Do the RPQ and photo.

Step 4
    Upload RPQ and photo (possibly trust).

Step 5
    Finish the Form 1.

Step 6
    Pay the tax man online.

Step 7
    Wait for cover letter to come in your email.

Step 8
    Get prints.

Step 9
    Send prints into AFT in Martinsburg, via USPS.

Step 10
    Wait for email from ATF telling you your application is approved, and your tax stamp is in the attached PDF.

It is a very simple 10 step process and can be done in about 10 minutes or less.

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    The SBR process is easy.

Step 1
    Create an account on the eforms website.

Step 2
    Start the Form 1.

Step 3
    Do the RPQ and photo.

Step 4
    Upload RPQ and photo (possibly trust).

Step 5
    Finish the Form 1.

Step 6
    Pay the tax man online.

Step 7
    Wait for cover letter to come in your email.

Step 8
    Get prints.

Step 9
    Send prints into AFT in Martinsburg, via USPS.

Step 10
    Wait for email from ATF telling you your application is approved, and your tax stamp is in the attached PDF.

It is a very simple 10 step process and can be done in about 10 minutes or less.

The most annoying part is just getting the fingerprint cards done. I got mine done for $15 a set and you need to send it two sets for a single application

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom