• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kemar

Mar 16, 2017
    Maryland
    If you shoot a lot (like I do), you'll realize that 1000 rounds doesn't last very long. If you're uncomfortable buying 1000, just buy 999. You'll feel better.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    If you shoot a lot (like I do), you'll realize that 1000 rounds doesn't last very long. If you're uncomfortable buying 1000, just buy 999. You'll feel better.

Great idea I’ll start selling 999 round cases, after 1000 cases I’ll effectively have a free case ;)

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Dude, you should really consider reloading.
    $12K goes a long way in components.

I do load on occasion, but restrict it to expensive stuff to buy(454, 300WM). Aside from preferring sealed primers for long term storage ammo, there is no way at today's prices I am hand loading 9mm, 45acp or 5.56. My time is worth far more than the $5 an hour I would be paying myself to do it.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I do load on occasion, but restrict it to expensive stuff to buy(454, 300WM). Aside from preferring sealed primers for long term storage ammo, there is no way at today's prices I am hand loading 9mm, 45acp or 5.56. My time is worth far more than the $5 an hour I would be paying myself to do it.

I fully agree with this..at today's prices and if not for a match, I'll shoot factory stuff all day and pick up the brass.

TangoSierra27

MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2017
    FOREST HILL
    I have been buying ammo in bulk for years. I store it in ammo cans, 1000 rounds of 9mm fits nicely in a 30 cal ammo can. Of course I also use larger can for larger calibers. I also enclose desiccant to keep any possible moisture off the ammo. It's best to use only USA made cans, they are good quality, even in used condition.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    1000 rounds, per caliber, or per gun? Is this a universal recommendation, or just common practice? Also, are there any special forms or procedurse to buy online, where to buy a case is best? Is 1000 a standard case, so half a case is 500? I'm guessing its cheaper the more you buy? Walmart was my go tooo, but I've read they are going to stop selling ammo, so need to find another source; this thread reads like online is teh best.

I may or may not have bought ammo in calibers for which I have no gun.

:innocent0

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    No, but my wife has said that to me. :sad20:

1znchr.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members