Speaker Mike Busch Placed on Ventilator, Health "has significantly deteriorated"

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Funny how once they die they go from c@#ksucker to a great statesman.

Not in my house. The only metamorphosis that happens when an enemy of the Constitution dies is that they no longer waste oxygen and can no longer work to repress our rights. The only sympathy I'll offer to family and friends is that they had to put up with him while he was alive.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The shock associated with someone as young as that has a special sting. I’m really sorry for your families loss.

Thanks. A lot of days it doesn't sink in. I've found myself going to email my brother a few times a week and I've even started a few emails and realized he won't get them. I still send them. I know plenty do at some point in life, but I still never really thought I'd end up burying my big brother.

Back on Mike, my condolences to his family.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Bingo

Not in my house. The only metamorphosis that happens when an enemy of the Constitution dies is that they no longer waste oxygen and can no longer work to repress our rights. The only sympathy I'll offer to family and friends is that they had to put up with him while he was alive.

That is why on the other thread about him I said eff’m.

My take:

Funny how people on MDS come out after the culling the herd last week or so and are dancing all over the BAN casket looking like some odd scene from Lord of the Flies. Many anti comments on the banned person and other people both banned and not banned. And these people are allies. Then one of the enemy who wants power and to run roughshot over both the COTUS and the MD COTUS with constant unconstitutional laws is now deemed a good statesman? Ok.........he cared not a bit about us. He looked upon us a surfs. Bye bye Busch. I do not call Hitler a great statesman.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    That is why on the other thread about him I said eff’m.

My take:

Funny how people on MDS come out after the culling the herd last week or so and are dancing all over the BAN casket looking like some odd scene from Lord of the Flies. Many anti comments on the banned person and other people both banned and not banned. And these people are allies. Then one of the enemy who wants power and to run roughshot over both the COTUS and the MD COTUS with constant unconstitutional laws is now deemed a good statesman? Ok.........he cared not a bit about us. He looked upon us a surfs. Bye bye Busch. I do not call Hitler a great statesman.

Yeah, Busch and only Busch will know why he did what he did as far as the 2nd Amendment is concerned. He might have completely thought that what he was doing was best for society. He might have done it just for political power and personal gain. Maybe he did it for a combination of the two. Who knows.

I heard this about a decade ago:

"Integrity, if you have it, nothing else matters. If you don't have it, nothing else matters."

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Except, they do not have the decades of collateral that the predecessor had. It will take years to build up.

In the mean time, there will be infighting and a whole lot of elbows thrown as everyone tries to find the best chair they can. Who will be sitting where, when the music stops, and how many enemies will they create on the way? When a dynasty falls, there is always a vacuum... and the suck is strong in Maryland.

And book deals!!

Makes you wonder what other deals are out there. A lot I am sure.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Except, they do not have the decades of collateral that the predecessor had. It will take years to build up.

In the mean time, there will be infighting and a whole lot of elbows thrown as everyone tries to find the best chair they can. Who will be sitting where, when the music stops, and how many enemies will they create on the way? When a dynasty falls, there is always a vacuum... and the suck is strong in Maryland.

Over time, we will see if you are right. Maybe revisit this post in 5, maybe 10 years. Then again, we might see the results of said vacuum today or even as soon as next session. I doubt they are going to pick a new speaker solely based upon what the candidate has done to destroy the 2A over his/her political career. Probably going to pick somebody that is viewed as a great leader of the liberal machine.

Imagine if Frosh was still there.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    quotes

Yeah, Busch and only Busch will know why he did what he did as far as the 2nd Amendment is concerned. He might have completely thought that what he was doing was best for society. He might have done it just for political power and personal gain. Maybe he did it for a combination of the two. Who knows.

I heard this about a decade ago:

"Integrity, if you have it, nothing else matters. If you don't have it, nothing else matters."

he said that?!

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    The good news in this, they lost a vote in all of today's proceedings.

srephwed

Jul 25, 2010
    harford county
    It is sad that any person is sick and dying. It is also true that there is a place for the evil in our world. Some just take too long to go there.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    He was an ass. I said it last week, and I’ll say again. His passing doesn’t change the fact he was a Tammany Hall style pol. I’ll dance a jig (until we hear what AOC molded liberal asshat is to replace him).

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    tammany Hall

He was an ass. I said it last week, and I’ll say again. His passing doesn’t change the fact he was a Tammany Hall style pol. I’ll dance a jig (until we hear what AOC molded liberal asshat is to replace him).

Perfect comparison. Kudos

Last edited:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Most of the good things said about him start off with "32 years in the house of delegates...."

That IS the problem. Nobody should be in any public office that long, nothing good comes of it.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I’ll dance a jig (until we hear what AOC molded liberal asshat is to replace him).

I'm afraid that we may be going from the frying pan into the fire. We may be looking back on these times as the "good old days" as more and more people move from tyrannical states like Maryland to states such as Texas or Montana, and these states eventually move to secede (perhaps violently) as bat shit policies of the new left grip the fragmenting country on a national level. I fear for my country.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I'm afraid that we may be going from the frying pan into the fire. We may be looking back on these times as the "good old days" as more and more people move from tyrannical states like Maryland to states such as Texas or Montana, and these states eventually move to secede (perhaps violently) as bat shit policies of the new left grip the fragmenting country on a national level. I fear for my country.

Texas will be back to solid Democrat 10 years from now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom