• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    I hope they fail. I haven't set foot in a Dicks or Wal-Mart since all of their virtue signaling. Anyone I'm around who mentions stopping in either for ammo gets a SJW like lecture from me as well.

Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    Bold Strategy.jpg

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    For those old enough to remember, they are going the way of Hechingers. Bravo!!!!!

It is just part of the business cycle. Hechingers, Memco, Sears, JCPenny, Woolworth, etc. Adapt or die. Wondering how long Outdoor World/Cabela's is going to be around now. Only reason I stop in at the Cabela's in Delaware is because its gun selection is awesome. Outdoor World here in Arundel Mills sucks when it comes to long guns.

Dick's website is pathetic. Online ordering there is pathetic. Just sad that Dick's bought out Galyans only to kill Galyans. Galyans was so much better in the hunting/fishing department. Used to love stopping at Galyans in Gaithersburg on the way home from hunting. Bought my Benelli SBE there in 1997. Bought my first handgun there in 1995, maybe 1996. Dick's could not hold a candle to Galyans. Now, things are even better at SCSG where I have a rapport with the owner. Best LGS that I have ever dealt with.

Bye bye Dicks. Glad I don't own that stock.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Dumb strategy...when your current politically correct business plan doesn't work...double down on it. In the fast lane to bankruptcy...too bad for the investors who had little if any say in the matter.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Dumb strategy...when your current politically correct business plan doesn't work...double down on it. In the fast lane to bankruptcy...too bad for the investors who had little if any say in the matter.

Hopefully, those that did have a say in this stupidity had a lot of stock in their ESPP and a lot of options waiting to vest that are worth a lot less now. Hopefully.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Just checked my portfolio and saw part of it was down, despite the rest [and market] being up - instantly thought "Dick's just dicked me".

Yep - came here to post 125 stores will stop selling guns and stock down 10%. As a side note, Dick's will continue selling hunting guns where demand is strong.

The CEO says those experimental stores, 10 that replaced hunting with more "compelling merchandise", saw sells growth for the three months after replacement. I suspect its like the politicians calling less spending growth as budget cutting...

AND, the store is replacing Reebok with its own private label.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Yes, it would be nice if they lost THEIR money for their moronic stunts.

I only go into dicks to take a pi$$ now and to let the kids try on shoes which once I know their size I buy online.

Screw these tools!

Robertjeter

May 11, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I have a few .22 rifles that are barrel stamped with auto parts stores and even a sears roebuck that I had handed down to me. Its a shame how different things have become. Our dick’s in salisbury has a half decent outdoor department, have to visit from time to time with gander gone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom