• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Both of you are wrong. Every movie I've seen shows that a bullet penetrating the fuselage of the plane immediately sucks every living being that's not strapped in thru the hole to a horrible death. Don't believe me? Watch any James bond movie. Now back to my popcorn...

Laj

Dec 5, 2016
    IMG_7473.jpg

wingsfan

Feb 11, 2017
    Ceciltucky
    The 357 Sig moves a couple hundred feet per second quicker than most 9mm. Couple that with a slightly larger bullet, you have the makings of a more powerful round, without over penetration. At close range, the effects are negligible, but the further the target, the harder the hit by the 357 Sig and hopefully less collateral damage. I'm not saying that the 357 Sig is a magic bullet, and yes depending on the load and bullet weight, there are some 9mm rounds that are more than a match for it. That being said, the 357 Sig is designed to hit one bad guy and stop, rather than continuing on through to someone else.

Now the cons. The 357 Sig round is ridiculously expensive, difficult, to locate at times and inflicts considerable wear and tear on the gun due to the higher velocity gases that are produced. Also you can't carry as many rounds in the magazine as a 9mm.

Think of it as a tool in your arsenal. They didn't stop making 38's when 45's came around and they didn't stop making 45's when 9mm's got better, etc.

To each his own...round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom