StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    And best gif drop goes to Zzzzz_Man

Best undercover slight goes to Teratos

VikingFan65

Apr 19, 2013
    Howard County
    The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Spec-frikkin-tacular

My on line time is limited by being on the dark continent. I miss a day here and several hours there and you guys are back with covering turdettes in the cat box

I know lots of folks use the LMFAO acronym but truly, I just read this thread front to back and may have shit myself laughing...a little.

Great news is now I have something appropriate to add to the kitty litter...

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The way I see it, Woodstock wont like how this goes down.

Stomp or Flush?

Attachments

• 27459433_10155364555961279_5209396199836380908_n.jpg
      27459433_10155364555961279_5209396199836380908_n.jpg
      44.3 KB · Views: 209

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    i am NOT IN FAVOR OF MANDATORY TRAINING!

Too late.

I actually did read carefully his previous thread, where he got booted. The title was not his. Filter the thread and read all his posts, I can't find where he asserts favoring mandatory training. If you find it, I'll stand corrected. I note that compulsory education is noted, and find no opinion on that either. As to that see Wisconsin v. Yoder.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected.

Exactly!
    A well regulated clock keeps accurate time.
    A well regulated militia delivers accurate fire.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Spec-frikkin-tacular

My on line time is limited by being on the dark continent. I miss a day here and several hours there and you guys are back with covering turdettes in the cat box

I know lots of folks use the LMFAO acronym but truly, I just read this thread front to back and may have shit myself laughing...a little.

Great news is now I have something appropriate to add to the kitty litter...

Dark continent? Just think, if you had stayed here you could've gone on shitpost safari with the rest of us and probably bagged more than a case of the sharts. It has been epic lately, brother. Let me know if you start running low on kitty litter? I stocked-up!

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I sense a new world class, Maryland training collaboration in the works......

Attachments

• 20180131_093422.jpg
      20180131_093422.jpg
      42.6 KB · Views: 226

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I actually did read carefully his previous thread, where he got booted. The title was not his. Filter the thread and read all his posts, I can't find where he asserts favoring mandatory training. If you find it, I'll stand corrected. I note that compulsory education is noted, and find no opinion on that either. As to that see Wisconsin v. Yoder.

He does not favor mandatory training, nor does he really want to know what a well regulated militia means, he wants to stir the pot for some other reason. Which is why instead of taking his bait I tried to post something that would help people who discover this thread, who are really interested in the answer to the question posed.

Don't feed the trolls use it as a teaching moment for others.:thumbsup:

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    one of the original drafts...

A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, being the best security of a free state,.......

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    bingo

As you said, this is academic given that SCOTUS has made the interpretation, but in this decision making, no doubt the Virginia Declaration of Rights from 1776 (which Mason and Madison helped write) was influential, as Jefferson drew from it in helping write the first ten amendments of the US Constitution. Sections 12 and 13, respectively, were modified to become the First and Second Amendments. Here is the text from the Virginia 13th ...

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/virginia-declaration-of-rights

Obviously a key semicolon was introduced in the writing of the US Second Amendment to make clear that any rationale for the right to keep and bear arms (including a militia of the people) was not required for them to exercise this right ... and the people's rights, as the first ten amendments focus on, are exactly that.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

tried to find that. I have it on my PC at home. Interesting the different iterations to try to be concise.

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I think it is a disgrace that you purport to be a “trainer” but don’t seem to understand the foundation for what you do.

Education time: at the time of the Founding Fathers, the term “well-regulated” had NOTHING to with Govt supervision or regulating of firearms. At that time “well-regulated” was a synonym for clock precision.

It is a reference to citizens well-drilled in their responsibilities.

Now go find some bongos. Bongo greatness awaits.

:lol: Thanks, needed that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom