• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    One should be for the gun, and the other for the ammunition.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    One should be for the gun, and the other for the ammunition.

If the guy was 18 with no criminal record, there should have been no problem with the ammo, unless they are saying that since it was in a handgun, it was handgun ammo and not rifle ammo or something stupid like that. Also, seeing the way that they charge things, it would seem like they would have charged him for each bullet.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    This is what I found on the subject of the article.
    Two possession charges, one on person, one by minor.? One in vehicle...

Attachments

• no bail.JPG
      no bail.JPG
      84.9 KB · Views: 516

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Moral of the story: stay away from drugs, and you will not attract attention to yourself.

You can tell a lot about a young person, by those whom they choose to associate with.

Except police didn't find drugs. Sounds suspiciously like "the dog alerted" kind of made up crap for police to search the vehicle.

If they can prove it was an illegal search (difficult, but cops never lie) then the whole thing gets tossed. I assume that will be the angle taken by the victim, I mean accused's attorneys.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Well,,,,its 07/29 and he is still in jail... Maybe the lawyer sucks?

If the judge denied bail, not a lot a lawyer can do other than appeal that. Which isn't likely to be fast.

Frankly, out of control judge to deny bail completely. Do any of them have priors? Because it sounded like no.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Just an update on this. Back in August, they NOLLE PROSEQUI all the charges listed. However they did add a new charge, think plea deal, GAS/AIR PELLET GUN. the Plea was Guilty, the Court gave PBJ UNSUPERVISED. Case search did not reveal what Statue the charge was under.
    Case search indicated this guy was in jail from 07/16/2017 to 8/15/2017, his court date.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Just an update on this. Back in August, they NOLLE PROSEQUI all the charges listed. However they did add a new charge, think plea deal, GAS/AIR PELLET GUN. the Plea was Guilty, the Court gave PBJ UNSUPERVISED. Case search did not reveal what Statue the charge was under.
    Case search indicated this guy was in jail from 07/16/2017 to 8/15/2017, his court date.

So dude sat in jail for a month and then plead to a pellet gun charge? Weird.

Sourkraut115

Jul 6, 2013
    the Westside
    Baltimore trying to be tough on pellet gun violence. LOL.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

Pellet guns are used in a huge number of street robberies, by little groups exactly like this. So, yes. To me, this sounds like a robbery crew that got caught. And yes, after you smoke your blunt while you're riding around looking to do a bump and run, your car will smell of marijuana, even though there isn't anything left. 18 and no criminal record? Yeah... the juvenile record won't show up.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    They left the part out that he is a Minor in possession. Charged with that as well.
    Looks like Female in the group charged with same stuff, plus a BB Gun charge. but got a 25k Bail/bond.
    The third person, male is also still in jail Held without bail.
    Once they trace the gun, probably stolen... we will see.

This is of course if I am reading the Case Search info correctly.

Once they trace the Gun somebody's Daddy will be in trouble...

And none of them will ever be able to legally able to own a gun...

Well played...

Stay out of the City & don't smoke weed & don't have guns in the car...

Pellet guns are used in a huge number of street robberies, by little groups exactly like this. So, yes. To me, this sounds like a robbery crew that got caught. And yes, after you smoke your blunt while you're riding around looking to do a bump and run, your car will smell of marijuana, even though there isn't anything left. 18 and no criminal record? Yeah... the juvenile record won't show up.

My thoughts exactly.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    So what happened to the driver? Did he get "the book thrown at him" or is he back on the street too?

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008

This whole thing was ridiculous. Nevermind this same judge probably lets out every other repeat criminal with a history of gun charges, but this one has to have the book thrown at them since its their first offense. Clearly they were responsible for all the gun crime in the city.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    This whole thing was ridiculous. Nevermind this same judge probably lets out every other repeat criminal with a history of gun charges, but this one has to have the book thrown at them since its their first offense. Clearly they were responsible for all the gun crime in the city.

Have teach the new payers that jail is bad so that they will spend lots of money next time to stay out. Maybe the wrong defense attorney was hired, like buying from the wrong fish distributor...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Have teach the new payers that jail is bad so that they will spend lots of money next time to stay out. Maybe the wrong defense attorney was hired, like buying from the wrong fish distributor...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Do you really think all these repeat offenders are paying for high priced attorney's? No way. They are using the public defenders office. The PD and SA office act way to friendly with one another IMHO. Heck, even sitting in court I have witnessed States Attorney's negotiate super generous plea deals with defendents who dont have an attorney. With or without its always the same, plea to the lowest charge, or in some cases a charge even lower than what they were charged with in the first place, with either time served or minimal probation. They will also Noelle proseque everything if it isnt "serious enough". I take that as code for the Elected States Attorney has said that those charges arent worth even trying to plea out, or they dont want to enforce them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom