• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    I can't believe I read this ridiculous thread and am still confused.

Sorry, but the O.P. is obviously confused and doesn't realize it.

I'd say a lawyer is just one of the people this guys needs to talk to before attempting to buy a gun. A psych might be the first stop, then an english class might help decipher some of this stuff.

No offfense, but this whole thing is confusing and full of convoluted statements in my personal perspective.

CnC

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    hA9D30F3C

:lol: nice meme.

::snipped for later use on the next noob tool to grace MDS with a thread like this::

CnC

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    Is that before or after they clean up the disaster area, this thread created? :lol2:

Oh, before of course. We just need a few more OP responses that begin with "dude", and end with a cacophony of no punctuation and ADHD stream of consciousness self aggrandizement for this thread to be a contender in the hall of fame of failure MDS noob threads.

We've covered many of the bases so far - Total lack of simple Google skills (cap and ball fiasco as the most recent, which hilariously enough the OP STILL hasn't gotten), bold proclamations of foreign policy and national defense morality that pretty much goes against what many of the posters on MDS believe (myself inclded), muddled, stupid points that end in a dead end authored by the OP, attacking of regular forum members by an outsider...the list goes on...

:sad20:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Oh, before of course. We just need a few more OP responses that begin with "dude", and end with a cacophony of no punctuation and ADHD stream of consciousness self aggrandizement for this thread to be a contender in the hall of fame of failure MDS noob threads.

We've covered many of the bases so far - Total lack of simple Google skills (cap and ball fiasco as the most recent, which hilariously enough the OP STILL hasn't gotten), bold proclamations of foreign policy and national defense morality that pretty much goes against what many of the posters on MDS believe (myself inclded), muddled, stupid points that end in a dead end authored by the OP, attacking of regular forum members by an outsider...the list goes on...

:sad20:

Somebody needs to create an MDS Bingo Card for threads like this.

Wal Mart has one, so should we.

25873_walmartbingo.jpg

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    And the courageous vanquishing of said bullies by the OP... :sad20:

Five stars for the use of "dude" as an opener btw :thumbsup:

Dude, im gonna kick it up a notch, cause im just that bada$$. dude like seriously those bullies on the other forums dude those bullies. i swear to god bro. so yea i was talking about some----SQUIRREL!!!!!

3de5cbfb816e500857869f7ee31cd90e2d331ea679756a8362b98bfcf8a544dd.jpg

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Here it is from somebody that has been here a while. I'm not going to jerk you around, just going to tell it to you straight. You ok with that cupcake?

Hi folks,
    ok my background check came in today and was completed.

i want t know if you qualify for a gun can they deny you based on your background check.

1st. case information is as follows.i have had charges that were levied against me, and i went to court to face them.

None of these charges/crime were something i did or could have done. i didn't even know the crimes had been committed until an early sunday morning when county cops came to my house to take me into custody via a warrant.

to be clear the police and the states attorney already knew i didn't do any of those crimes before they came an arrested me. i would go into more detail, but a book might be written based on my case. my case was so absurd that it was written up in "the daily record" which thankfully supports my total and complete innocence.

the states attorney intervened before the 2nd. part of the trial could continue. she said she didn't want me to get convicted of crimes that she didn't think i committed. in reality she should have said that she knew i didn't commit nor could have committed. yet to say it like that would have made her office look worse than it already did for having me on trila in the 1st, place.

i had a cds charge that was for possession of marijuana. the amt was = to 1/2 a small joint max. _______________________________________________

last charge carrying my gun without a permit. the officer in the case asked if he could speak on my behalf before the case was even heard. yup, that was a surprise to my attorney and me to say the least. my attorney's friend & fellow attorney advised us to go to trial and we would easily beat the case no problem.

this would mean i would get to keep my CZ PISTOL. i elected to accept a PBJ because i didn't want to risk court and have my animals be screwed over for what i had done. so i forfeited my gun and actually paid them probation fees for a year or so as outlined in the deal.

this was all 10 years ago, and prior to the items mentioned above i had never been in trouble with the law.

Ok, that is all. the issue is all the details i gave here don't show on the background check. will they deny me based on not looking into my situation details. as far as i know I'm legally able to own a gun still and have my range fantasies fulfilled.

Anyone with experience/knowledge in this area please chime in and share your thoughts. thank you kindly

Not only no, but hell no. Also, WTF did I read? Can somebody pass me a big bottle of Advil?

THE PBJ WAS CONNECTED TO A LEGALLY OWNED/REGISTERED FIREARM.

expunged is a legal farce. it just means they put a cover over what occurred. yet, in reality any leo organization like MSP will be able to see it if they are the ones doing the background check.

what would occur if they denied me. would I then be forced to return the gun. I guess that would be mandatory. I hate this freaking state

@ AntiGun
    nol pros does not equal quilt of anything in legal terms. in simple terms it means we are not going to prosecute this person,, which mean no guilty verdict is possible because there was/is no trial.
    http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/nol+pros

damn the rain tax is true too. http://www.forbes.com/sites/travisb...-pours-tax-dollars-in-maryland/:tdown::sad20:

I have never been convicted of any crime, be it a felony or a misdemeanor!

Based n FEDERAL Law I was under the impression that I am legally entitled to own a gun.

http://smartgunlaws.org/prohibited-people-gun-purchaser-policy-summary/

Federal law prohibits the purchase and possession of firearms by people who fall within certain categories, such as convicted felons, domestic abusers, and people with specific kinds of mental health histories.1 Although background checks have prevented over two million people in these categories from obtaining guns,2 the federal law does not generally include other types of people identified by public health researchers as being at a significantly higher risk than the general population of being dangerous,
    including:
    Those who have been convicted of violent or gun-related misdemeanors;3
    Those with a history of abusing alcohol or drugs4;
    Those convicted of juvenile offenses;5 and
    Additional people who have suffered from severe mental illness.6

it says above a history of abusing alcohol/drugs . I have no history of abuse. 1/2 A JOINT isn't a history of abuse

shoot I have gotten all sorts of pain meds, and when I don't like them or stop using them I don't go sell them, I trash them or they just sit.

Read the bolded part and I think you will understand that you readily admitted to abusing a CDS. There is a question on the BATFE Form 4473 regarding the illegal use of anything on a CDS list. You might want to re-read question 11-E.

https://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

thank goodness how you say that is not the same for my situation. the way you say guns and drugs don't mix implies that a gun & drugs were involved in the same instance/infraction/crime.

read slower, I made a tiny adjustment to the very beginning. but it's not that tough to figure out imho. but thx regardless :D

yes, I'm going to call my attorney now.

talked to secretary and my attorney will call. in the mean time called a a lawyer and they said that " restoration of gun rights is the type of attorney that deal with my type of issues. yet, my common sense tells me that suff only applies to folks who have been denied based on convictions that disqualify them from owning a gun. I have never been convicted of anything, ever.
    hopefully my concerns will all be dust in the wind and I get my HQL soon. thx folks for all your help & concern.

off topic but,funny thing related remotely. I just saw a list of all the states that honor md. permits. yet none of them immediately surround md. to the contrary md. is like a gun island surrounded by those who don't honor md. permits

You do realize that you are actually coming out and saying that the gun was tied to a PBJ, see the part I bolded above.

just to piggy back on fabsroman post.

1st. both dispositions can be expunged .

I found 2 more comprehensive answer that might help better understand certain details.

http://brucegodfrey.com/what-is-a-stet/

http://www.ccc-law.com/criminal-defense-blog/probation-before-judgment-in-maryland.shtml

----------------------------------------------------------------
    First, sorry for the folks who got lost and couldn't follow my original post. Why am i sorry? Because when people can't understand you they blame you only. they never think maybe it's partly their comprehension that is partly to blame.

Many folks seemed to be confused right off the bat and i apologize if i didn't make it clear enough for everyone, but i tried.

Others simply missed the whole point of my original question & topic.
    This was a devil's advocate type of question first, and foremost. I tried to explain that I didn't know how in depth they went into finding out the details of what showed on a background check.

Based on that reality, the question came to my mind. I didn't even know if i could interject with them/if it was even allowed. I thought maybe someone here who had been around the block in md. gun law might be able to tell me.

Nobody likes to be thought of badly based on a superficial understanding/assumption by those who deal with us. When it comes to legalities that could affect us this is even more so.

I already knew I had no convictions for any crime on my record be it a misdemeanor/felony. This was never a question that needed to be answered or addressed at all. those who chose to do so did so on their own & imho needlessly.

I got a call the other day form the HQL office. turns out that as carefully as i tried to fill out the application I answered 3 questions wrong. I put yes instead of no.

The dude who called basically said he felt i actually made mistakes in answering yes. He said when he went to check on my juvenile records there were none, i said that's because I never got into trouble as a juvenile.

The other check came back as clean too, which showed no convictions of any crimes on my record. That's because there are non I told him once again.
    Lastly the drug abuse ?. He noted the cds charge on my record, and i told him. yes, i had 1/2 a joint, but that was at least 10 years ago. He told me that because it was over 5 yrs. ago that it would not disqualify me. He also said that based on our conversation that he could now finish processing my application.

We spoke more frankly and i even mentioned this site and how you guys were gonna lol at me for 3 wrong answers. I will say that the way I read the ?'s i obviously got confused, just didn't think so at the time though lol.

Thank you to all who took the time to try and help me i appreciate it.

I also promise not to ask anymore questions that are not very simple to figure out. :lol::innocent0:lol2:

Lets tackle the bolded parts first.

Bolded part 1.

Are you kidding me? If you wanted it to be a devil's advocate kind of question, you should ave said that. Because you were beign s schmuck and wanting to troll people, this probably will not end well for you here. Odds are that the site staff might show you the door, due to you playing your "games". If you wanted to do a devil's advocate question, you should have said that in the beginning of your first post.

Bolded part 2.

So in admitting that you don't need help from the membership here, that was quite willing to help you and some of them are attorneys. You have shown how much of a shmuck you truly are. Keep trying to get your jollies and you will find the door soon enough.

I do need help. can you help me get away from people who take shit out of context & then post about their assumptions that are wrong.

I COULD USE SOME HELP FROM from the people who can't resist to use their sense of humor, but aren't funny at all. :lol2::D

So i was given a call not long ago by Corporal XX, seems i do have to send them my DD 214, so that in in his words, " so I can finish & go ahead and get you printed" . Printed, did you say printed...? Oh i mean that in terms of print your HQL card... So he gave me the fax number and i will fax that to them today. Now i can exhale, squeeze/pull the trigger, and send those rounds down range.

the new CZ P0 7, is gonna keep the dream gun company after all just as planned . so I'm gonna have to make some sacrifices to pay for ammo & range fees etc. my rent is going up in Nov. a pretty penny. I don't think i can stop it. Still, I'm not going to let that stop me from fun on the range. :party29::D:bullhorn::gun3::clap::clap:

Thanks everyone who tried to help.

ADMIN LOCK THIS THREAD PLEASE THIS IS A DONE DEAL NOW. DOMO ARIGATO

Apparently you need more help than you admitted to in the first post of this thread. I doubt the admins/mods will lock this thread. You opened up a can of worms, and you will probably have to bite the bullet on this one, bub.

dude people make stuff into what they want it to be; just like you are trying to do now. I don't know to many folks alive who have not been affected by suicide; and yet, that is still not the point. just let it go ok.

i didn't command you to be wrong dude. it just happened, can you not handle that. as bad as i type i know well it sucks. some days are better then others, but I'm not going to act like any of this is the end of the world or so fantastic that i should lose sleep over it.

i can handle being criticized & can even agree with it. no need to catch an attitude with me though. you could have stayed away from this thread... hint & your welcomed to do so still.

nobody here or anywhere else is going to dampen my spirits, i can do that all by myself. i refuse to allow others to do so, sorry if that offends you. A member such as yourself with such a warm and helpful spirit towards me should be able to relate to what i have said easily. :party29:

We didn't make things that you said into something they were not, you blatantly said those things and are now trying to flip the blame over and backpedal. Nice try...

you are also obviously funny.:D more so then most of the others; thank goodness you're here. :lol2:

though i have to admit you act as if you don't know it says grumpy old man under your handle! just sayin:rolleyes::lol:

Just some disclosure. I have survived the jerzeedevil website, if i can survive there, i can survive anywhere. I told those bully's over there that i don't run well. and i defend myself when attacked. the funny part is the initial attackers were clearly trying to defend a dishonest seller, based on their own selfishness because he sold grail. only i didn't appreciate that it was supposed t be at my expense. the war was on and at the end of the day i won, by sticking to the truth, not being intimidated, and using the power of dissent to make points on mob type behavior .

shoot, i make plenty of mistakes now. i sure don't mean too & it's still not easy to swallow. yet, i know i have to accept it as my reality, and keep moving forward as much as possible.
    I came here to enhance my enjoyment of guns/pistols and shooting them. This is my mission, and by golly I'm gonna keep scratching like a good bulldog should until that is accomplished. I hope to have some fun along the way too of course. :)

Who cares what you survived. Playing the wannabe "victim" here won't get you very far. Capitalization and punctuation usually help around here, especially when trying to play devil's advocate or communicate in general.

I hear you might fit in pretty well with the guys at ARFCOM. They will surely accept you, the way you are going. Hell, they might even ask you to come over and sing Kum-ba-yah with them around the campfire and make s'mores with them too! Watch out for the drum circle over there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom