• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vfr750f

Feb 2, 2008
    I ordered on 9/5 - same status for me with a "Payment received". No activity on the credit card yet - I emailed for a status update but no response yet.

m0bas

Feb 26, 2012
    I ordered 9/5 as well. Just called and they said they are trying to get caught up on orders. Then the guy says i see your order was charged incorrectly. I was charged $12.95 for shipping but the guy says it's supposed to be $29.95 for a pistol 2 day.

You guys that got your Star B's...what was your shipping cost?

vfr750f

Feb 2, 2008
    I ordered 9/5 as well. Just called and they said they are trying to get caught up on orders. Then the guy says i see your order was charged incorrectly. I was charged $12.95 for shipping but the guy says it's supposed to be $29.95 for a pistol 2 day.

You guys that got your Star B's...what was your shipping cost?

I was curious about shipping as well - Century's page lists the $12.95 charge as a small order charge (under $500), but states that charge doesn't apply to handguns. Shipping should be $29 plus $3 adult signature. Anyone who received their Stars for $12.95 total shipping did well. I hope I don't get an "adjustment" on my order.

Jul 1, 2012
    My guess is that $12.95 is probably their default for USPS and assumes you're a FFL-01/distributor and the up-charge is because you're not and require UPS/FEDEX.
    $30 is pretty damn good to ship a pistol. Be glad they aren't charging for overnight priority air :)

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Mine was about the same, if I recall.

Did you check your CC statement?

Just did ... I got a bargain.

==================

*Shipping Policy has recently changed, please review carefully*
    Shipping charges is by license type: (Please note, that the final shipping price on checkout will be corrected if needed once we manually process your order).

1. FFL Dealers pay $7.95 for orders under $500. Minimum order of $75.00. Free Shipping for orders over $500 after discounts have been applied. *Handgun orders do not apply.
    2. Curio & Relic License Holders and Non-Firearm Consumers pay $12.95 for orders under $500. Minimum order of $75.00. Free Shipping for orders over $500 after discounts have been applied. *Handgun orders do not apply.
    3. Handguns ship via Second Day Air: 1 Handgun = $29 , 2 = $33, 3+ = $14.00 each. *Adult Signature Fee $3.00 for all handgun orders.
    4. For C.O.D. orders add an additional fee of $12.00 per box. Note: UPS will add applicable COD fees for COD orders.
    5. Add an additional fee for U’fix-em receivers, rifles, shotguns, handguns: $2.00 U’fix-em Fee.
    6. Orders under $75.00 will be charged $27.95 for a small order fee and shipping.
    7. Delivery Outside the Continental U.S. Delivery to Alaska, Hawaii and U.S. Territories will incur an additional charge based on distance, package size, and weight.
    Rates based from UPS. Please call (800) 527-1252 press 2 (Customer Service) for questions.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Just did ... I got a bargain.

==================

*Shipping Policy has recently changed, please review carefully*
    Shipping charges is by license type: (Please note, that the final shipping price on checkout will be corrected if needed once we manually process your order).

1. FFL Dealers pay $7.95 for orders under $500. Minimum order of $75.00. Free Shipping for orders over $500 after discounts have been applied. *Handgun orders do not apply.
    2. Curio & Relic License Holders and Non-Firearm Consumers pay $12.95 for orders under $500. Minimum order of $75.00. Free Shipping for orders over $500 after discounts have been applied. *Handgun orders do not apply.
    3. Handguns ship via Second Day Air: 1 Handgun = $29 , 2 = $33, 3+ = $14.00 each. *Adult Signature Fee $3.00 for all handgun orders.
    4. For C.O.D. orders add an additional fee of $12.00 per box. Note: UPS will add applicable COD fees for COD orders.
    5. Add an additional fee for U’fix-em receivers, rifles, shotguns, handguns: $2.00 U’fix-em Fee.
    6. Orders under $75.00 will be charged $27.95 for a small order fee and shipping.
    7. Delivery Outside the Continental U.S. Delivery to Alaska, Hawaii and U.S. Territories will incur an additional charge based on distance, package size, and weight.
    Rates based from UPS. Please call (800) 527-1252 press 2 (Customer Service) for questions.

I've called them to let them know:D

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I've called them to let them know:D

For what it's worth, I actually ordered another one from them last night, and got a call a few minutes ago from my sales guy about the extra charges. I told him I was expecting that, and was OK with it ... so long as he made a note to send me a non-converted B in good condition this time. They've already "pinged" my card for payment, and the order (which goes to Miami to begin with) has been forwarded to VT for shipping. It may go out tomorrow, or maybe not until Monday. I don't really care, so much, as long as I get one that was made as a B to B-gin with.

Oh ... I also bought one from GB this week. It seemed overpriced, it appears to be another upgrade, and it may be, but there may be some verifiable history attached to it that will be fun to figure out. More on that one sometime in the future.

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    So I popped my C$R cherry on this nice little CZ-52 from Gunbroker. I tore it down and inspected it today and it seems to be in shooting shape. I hope to prove that on Sunday at AGC. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic. Consider it my study of light and shadow.:rolleyes:
    5B7ADBA5-CD49-4EF7-A4A2-B97C2AD3C2B6_zpssbantzvi.jpg

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    So I popped my C$R cherry on this nice little CZ-52 from Gunbroker. I tore it down and inspected it today and it seems to be in shooting shape. I hope to prove that on Sunday at AGC. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic. Consider it my study of light and shadow.:rolleyes:
    5B7ADBA5-CD49-4EF7-A4A2-B97C2AD3C2B6_zpssbantzvi.jpg

Congrats OldSchool.... If the checkbook will allow, I'm sure it will be the first of many purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom