• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    They definitely need a Wal-Mart in Aspen Hill. When I lived there it was a pain in the ass having to drive all the way to the Gaithersburg store. I'm glad to say I've moved out of that area, though. Such a ********.
    It has improved somewhat since MJBHA took over Perry and the foreclosure crisis forced out all of the... undesirables. But, yes, a Wal-Mart within walking distance would be insanely awesome.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that this Wal-Mart will not sell any firearm related products anyway, so it's not too exciting.
    I wouldn't be so sure, actually. This whole "no ammo at Wal-Mart" deal seems to be a PG County shtick.

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Walmart in Dunkirk (about 20 or 25 min south of MSAR on route 4) has a decent amount of ammo. lot of 223/5.56, 9mm, 45, 7.62nato and 25round boxes of OO buck

Sadly, no .357

Last edited:

natsb

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2013
    southern MD
    I asked where the ammo was in the Bowie Wal-Mart, and was informed that PG Wal-Marts are not allowed to carry ammo. "But anyone can go ten minutes up the road to Dick's and get it": I explained. The lady just shrugged and suggested I try explaining that to the PG County Executives.

etc

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2010
    Does the Germantown Walmart sell 22LR at decent prices? Do they even have it for longer than 15 minutes after they put it on the shelf?

What cheap 9mm do they carry?

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Does the Germantown Walmart sell 22LR at decent prices? Do they even have it for longer than 15 minutes after they put it on the shelf?

They supposedly sell it. I've never seen it there. The only cheap 9 mm I've seen there is the ZQI? stuff. I wish they would sell PMC or Blazer Brass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike20855

Mar 3, 2015

I just bought a 100 round box of Winchester 9mm fmj at Germantown walmart today for $26.77

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown

I got some 22lr there last year, CCI standard velocity 100 rd packs when they had a advertised sale on in. Don't remember the price but I think it was under $10 each and I got the last 2 they had.
    I was in there last night and they had a lot of the ZQI 9mm, WWB and some Of the Perfecta but not on rollback. All was around $13 and up.
    They did have some shotgun shells on rollback but I don't remeber the pricing. It's in the next isle and not in the ammo case.
    Most of the 22lr I get is from Dicks at the Rio mall.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    How much does it run there, per round?

Depends on what they have to sell. I guess the best would be the Remington bucket of bullets, 1400 golden 22lr bullets for $69.99 about .05 cents a round and the worst would be a multiple manufactors 100 round pack of 22lr for 9.99 or .10 cents a round. All before tax of course and any DSG reward coupons I may have at the time of purchase. I was in there last Monday and they had Remington 100 round packs of subsonic for $9.99 or $10.99. I didn't get any of it so not sure of the price.

mike20855

Mar 3, 2015
    Depends on what they have to sell. I guess the best would be the Remington bucket of bullets, 1400 golden 22lr bullets for $69.99 about .05 cents a round and the worst would be a multiple manufactors 100 round pack of 22lr for 9.99 or .10 cents a round. All before tax of course and any DSG reward coupons I may have at the time of purchase. I was in there last Monday and they had Remington 100 round packs of subsonic for $9.99 or $10.99. I didn't get any of it so not sure of the price.
    Do you know how much 9mm runs there? Probably not cheaper than walmart

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    No, several in PG County do not...

Jamie

Good to know. I avoid stopping anywhere in PG so I wouldn't have guessed.

All the PG Wal-Mart locations that I am aware of buckled under to politically correct thought and stopped selling guns and ammo years ago.

I don't want to jinx anything, but it comes as a pleasant surprise to hear that the Howard and Montgomery locations still sell.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Do you know how much 9mm runs there? Probably not cheaper than walmart

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

No not cheaper but when it's on sale it's about even with Walmart. This week DSG has Blazer brass for $89.99 and a Remington UMC 50 packs for 25% off.

ponypeddler87

Feb 17, 2013
    St. Marys
    I was once in a walmart in PG county and the dude told me that ammo sales were banned in PG county does anyone know if this is true. I plan to move soon and Bowie is an area the wife would like to go to.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I was once in a walmart in PG county and the dude told me that ammo sales were banned in PG county does anyone know if this is true. I plan to move soon and Bowie is an area the wife would like to go to.

Ammo sales are not banned in PG, but Walmart had to "acquiesce" to some requirements in order build their stores in the county. No ammo and no firearms was one of those requirements.

If you are moving to Bowie, Dicks in Crofton will be just up the road and a better bet anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom