• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    buy more used guns, sell them cheap. Buy cheap, sell cheap. Quick turnover.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I'd strongly urge you to have a presence on the internet with GunBroker.com being the best of the sites out there. And, as was mentioned, I don't think of a pawn shop for my gun needs, but if I knew what you had in stock, I'd certainly pay attention and maybe stop by.

I am working with a Baltimore gun shop and we intend to market/advertise some of my M1 Garands and M1 Carbines through his store and at central Maryland gun shows, in hopes of attracting clientele who will buy them AND then browse the rest of the store inventory and perhaps pick up a pistol, ammunition, accessories, a scope or whatever.

The Garands in particular attract a large audience wherever they are shown, and I am willing to assist a shop owner who has treated me well and who is establishing a foothold in this very sticky Maryland environment.

Good luck and best wishes; hope you are around for a long time. We've lost two FFLs nearby in the past few months: Constitutional Firearms, Scaggsville, and The Gun Rack, Burtonsville, after 28 years.

Lew--Ranger63
    Laurel, MD 20707

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I'd strongly urge you to have a presence on the internet with GunBroker.com being the best of the sites out there. And, as was mentioned, I don't think of a pawn shop for my gun needs, but if I knew what you had in stock, I'd certainly pay attention and maybe stop by.

I am working with a Baltimore gun shop and we intend to market/advertise some of my M1 Garands and M1 Carbines through his store and at central Maryland gun shows, in hopes of attracting clientele who will buy them AND then browse the rest of the store inventory and perhaps pick up a pistol, ammunition, accessories, a scope or whatever.

The Garands in particular attract a large audience wherever they are shown, and I am willing to assist a shop owner who has treated me well and who is establishing a foothold in this very sticky Maryland environment.

Good luck and best wishes; hope you are around for a long time. We've lost two FFLs nearby in the past few months: Constitutional Firearms, Scaggsville, and The Gun Rack, Burtonsville, after 28 years.

Lew--Ranger63
    Laurel, MD 20707

who are you working with? i might have to make a stop.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Occaisional post of new inventory here on MDS would be my suggestion, an occaisional picture of any outstandingly good lookers

Also posting any price reductions of clunkers that are not moving, everyone loves a sale price. Often getting people in the door is the key to multiple sales

Thumbs up on this. I am not interested in driving all over Maryland looking to see what is in stock nor do I want to call up a shop and say do you have a doodle-wizit in .37 caliber, some would say yes just to get you in the door with the hope of a spontaneous sale of something.

I just bought and will be buying another rifle from a ip over an hour away. Their participation on this board allowed me to learn about this gun I never knew existed. using social media like face book will allow followers and their friends who might not be familiar with your products. I know some gun shops have a monthly give away. Like your fb page is an entry to the raffle.

as other people said post new stuff on here once in a while (including pictures)

Because of your post I will look at your ip page and Facebook page.

All the best.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    What can we do to get you to buy our in stock handguns? We know everyone stocked up last year, some don't want to get the HQL.

Need a lower price? We'll give you a better price. (We aren't going out of business and we aren't taking 50% off)

Need reading glasses for the 77r forms? We have some you can borrow.

Need us to accept cash because your credit cards are maxed? We can do that.

Need some free Frog Lube with your purchase? We can work that out.

Or a free Glock hat with Glock pistol purchase? While we have them in stock we can do that.

Serious post, what can we do to get you guys to buy some handguns?

Thanks
    Dan

Take the time to spotlight guns in your IP section. You have no idea how many guns I have bought or come close to buying because 2asales has posted pict when stuff has come in. So picking something new or something you plan to discount take a pict with your cell phone and post it and see if it actual sells.

Thanks
    Robert

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    Occaisional post of new inventory here on MDS would be my suggestion, an occaisional picture of any outstandingly good lookers

Also posting any price reductions of clunkers that are not moving, everyone loves a sale price. Often getting people in the door is the key to multiple sales

Or publish an up-to-date inventory on your Web site. Also, offer to ship standard capacity magazines to out-of-state addresses.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Of the opinions expressed by others above, here are the two that I, personally, agree with the most:

1. Help with the HQL process. Most customers aren't going to have a clue, where to go, how much it will cost, etc. Streamline the process, explain costs up front, maybe even offer discounts for people buying their first handgun, to offset the HQL expense.

2. Post updates on what's new in stock, with prices. The "name your price" idea was novel, but personally, I'm going to be a lot more inclined to jump in my car and ride over to your store, if I know you have a gun that I'm interested in, and I know how much its going to cost.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Do you offer lay-a-way?

Something like this. I see many responses to posted firearms in other IP sections with people asking if they take payments.

I don't know the first thing about running a business, finance, etc... But....

being a pawn shop too, maybe someone could have a firearm of theirs "pawned" hostage with you for collateral while they make payments on the new firearm? When the new purchase is paid off, they get their collateral pistol back and their new pistol.
    I know you you have to protect your item cost and the new buyer many times needs motivation to make payments. I think this is one way you could prevent someone from just walking out on the payment deal and sacrificing a few dollars. This way they have more to sacrifice, the few dollars payments they've made AND their collateral pistol. Most wouldn't walk away from that double whammy.
    Just an idea.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    We do have layaway up to 90 days if needed.

Thanks for the opinions / advice.

Check the rest of our IP section for sales and in stock items. Thanks

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Something like this. I see many responses to posted firearms in other IP sections with people asking if they take payments.

I don't know the first thing about running a business, finance, etc... But....

being a pawn shop too, maybe someone could have a firearm of theirs "pawned" hostage with you for collateral while they make payments on the new firearm? When the new purchase is paid off, they get their collateral pistol back and their new pistol.
    I know you you have to protect your item cost and the new buyer many times needs motivation to make payments. I think this is one way you could prevent someone from just walking out on the payment deal and sacrificing a few dollars. This way they have more to sacrifice, the few dollars payments they've made AND their collateral pistol. Most wouldn't walk away from that double whammy.
    Just an idea.

We do have layaway up to 90 days if needed.

Thanks for the opinions / advice.

Check the rest of our IP section for sales and in stock items. Thanks

Layaway is the Devil's Spawn....since most of us don't tell our wives or significant others about all the toys we have. its not a major impacted on our family income at one time.....its a love/hate relationship :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom