• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Unless you are reloading, why does it matter? And where are you buying 9mm brass at .25 per round?

Some indoor ranges do not let you use the steel the Tulamo, wolf, Silverbear, brown bear with the bi-metal. They fail the magnet test. Some will call it "Steel core" even though it isn't. But still won't let you use it. Some people don't like the stink, others call it "dirty" ammo. Some claim the steel cases cause more failures to feed vs. Brass. I have not had a significant problem with function with what Steel case Russian stuff I have shot.

notrespassin

Sep 25, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Walmart 9mm Remington or Federal brass runs $14.97 box of 50. Factory in 6% sales tax out the door around .31/.32 cents a round. If you score the Tulammo that is steel case I think it's $10.97 box of 50 more like .23/.24 cents a round. If you get the bulk WWB 9mm thats the best bet. I think it was $26-$27 for 100 rounds. But your limited to 3 boxes. I personally don't reload & the outdoor range doesn't care about steel case so I shoot what I can afford @ the moment.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Walmart 9mm Remington or Federal brass runs $14.97 box of 50. Factory in 6% sales tax out the door around .31/.32 cents a round. If you score the Tulammo that is steel case I think it's $10.97 box of 50 more like .23/.24 cents a round. If you get the bulk WWB 9mm thats the best bet. I think it was $26-$27 for 100 rounds. But your limited to 3 boxes. I personally don't reload & the outdoor range doesn't care about steel case so I shoot what I can afford @ the moment.

Yea if you buy a xbox of 50, Federal 100 packs are like $22.XX. WWB is $25.XX. I have found if you change your shirt and take off your glasses the average Walmart employee doesn't even realize you were there.

Federal 100 value packs for 9mm, .40, and .45 are the best value you can find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom