• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I wonder what you have to do to legally dispose of +10 round magazines in Maryland. Any ideas?

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Is it legal for an FFL to sell a mag over 10 rounds to out of state buyers?

Vassago

Sep 23, 2013
    MoCo
    How about you take it apart and give the parts to your friend or buddy so they can FIX or REBUILD their mag with them.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Is it legal for an FFL to sell a mag over 10 rounds to out of state buyers?

Not face to face in MD. It's not a "resident" law, it's an "inside the state lines" law.

It might be pushing it to think they could do mail order either, unless there's an exception written it somewhere to let Beretta and others sell. Not sure on that though.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I guess you could turn them over to the State Police.

:sad20: Take them across state lines with a friend, give them to him as a gift, and he can legally bring them back into Maryland. If you are hell bent on "discarding" them in Maryland just throw them in the trash! :sad20: We aren't talking about nuclear waste. It is only illegal to offer for sale, purchase, or transfer mags above 10 rounds within Maryland. It is not illegal to possess them, or even discard them in Maryland. But wouldn't it be funny if MOM and the GA, in their infinite wisdom, made it illegal to dispose of +10 round mags in Maryland! :lol:

Free Radical

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 14, 2012
    yOur Nation's Capital
    What if I happen to lose my 20rd mag while I'm on my buddy's property and he just happens to find it walking around the yard the next day? Is it illegal for him to transfer it back to me? Or is it illegal to pick it up to do so? Is it illegal for him to know it is there? Or is it illegal for me to lose it to begin with?

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    What if I happen to lose my 20rd mag while I'm on my buddy's property and he just happens to find it walking around the yard the next day? Is it illegal for him to transfer it back to me? Or is it illegal to pick it up to do so? Is it illegal for him to know it is there? Or is it illegal for me to lose it to begin with?

Don't stretch it too far, you'll give the other side ideas for the next session.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Not face to face in MD. It's not a "resident" law, it's an "inside the state lines" law.

I know face to face is illegal, just never read anywhere about 281 & dealers selling out of state.

Sourkraut115

Jul 6, 2013
    the Westside
    Dealers can send the magazines that they have out of state. Even to another store that they happen to own in a different state, which may happily transfer the magazine to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom