• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    I'm not buying it. He also said

So if it's "ordained" at some point in the near or far future that 2A only applies to membership in the National Guard, then would that signify a "constitutional change" that he would then enforce? Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I'm not getting warm fuzzies on this guy's belief in armed citizenry.

Sounds like condescension to me.

http://www.mywoodcounty.com/default.aspx?name=countysheriff

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Watch... within the next year the gov will crawl up his @$$ and he will be accused of some wrong doing and be fired.

Sheriffs are elected. So are Governors. Governors that trump up charges on other elected officials may be fired.

Stop bellyaching and pledge to defend the Sheriffs that defend us.

I so pledge.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

So if it's "ordained" at some point in the near or far future that 2A only applies to membership in the National Guard, then would that signify a "constitutional change" that he would then enforce? Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I'm not getting warm fuzzies on this guy's belief in armed citizenry.

Really... you win.. happy now?

Sourkraut115

Jul 6, 2013
    the Westside
    Name one Sheriff in Balto County, Harford, Balto City, P.G., Montgomery, A.A. counties that would do the same?

Of course, with the exception of Harford County, you just named the MD jurisdictions where the Sheriff basically functions as an administrative agent of the court, rather than having a general law enforcement role.

Sourkraut115

Jul 6, 2013
    the Westside

I would tend to interpret "constitutional change" as an actual change in the Constitution by the process defined within the Constitution, i.e., amendment. Although personally I would regard removing all or part of the Bill of Rights as tantamount to dissolving the Union by massive breach of contract, it would be technically possible, and Constitutional, to do so, if such an amendment were passed. I would agree that this sheriff, although he appears committed to the law and intent of the Founders, seems to have decided along the way that if the Constitution were altered in such a way, he would be willing to support that revised document. I would not, myself, feel beholden to that.

Feb 28, 2013
    Watch... within the next year the gov will crawl up his @$$ and he will be accused of some wrong doing and be fired.

When he was in 7th grade he smoked pot once. :rolleyes:

So basically 'they' don't have to come for the guns. They just make doing anything with them illegal, and he will come arrest you FOR them.

No that isn't what he said.

http://cspoa.org/sheriffs-gun-rights/

Only 6 in MD have signed on...

Carroll... Ken Tregoning
    Frederick... Charles A. Jenkins
    Garrett... Robert E. Corley
    Kent... John Price
    St. Mary's... Timothy Cameron
    Wicomico... Mike Lewis

Why TF is Washington and Allegany not on the list making 8?!

I was wondering that myself. And only one on the eastern shore?

It is now illegal to purchase an AR-15 in MD. That's OK by you as well?

No it isn't. These are legal.

http://clydearmory.com/bushmaster-a3-11-5-barrel-5-5-mizzle-break-5-56mm.html

http://clydearmory.com/colt-ar6721.html

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    whats is the requirements to be elected Sheriff in a county in MD. The MD Constitution only has age requirements. I would really like to get rid of Bane in Harford.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    whats is the requirements to be elected Sheriff in a county in MD. The MD Constitution only has age requirements. I would really like to get rid of Bane in Harford.

It looks like you need to be 25 and be a resident of the county for 5 years.

And do the other stuff, financial statements and such.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    Of course, with the exception of Harford County, you just named the MD jurisdictions where the Sheriff basically functions as an administrative agent of the court, rather than having a general law enforcement role.

True, but the office of Sheriff is a constitutional law enforcement officer. Name me five across the state that would take such a stand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom