• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Hi everyone, since recent events my wife and I have decided to buy firearms. I have gotten a lot of information from this site so thank you! So far we have purchased a Glock 19 Gen 3, DPMS AR-15 and a Mossberg 12ga. Im not a hunter, just a guy who likes to go to the range.

I'm fairly new here as well and I'm here because our government is interfering with my rights and I feel the need to join with like minded people. I've owned guns for years but now the government has forced me to get involved, I have joined the NRA and a local gun club so I can stand up and be counted even if the fools who represent us can't or won't count. So my wife and I have purchased new guns and will continue to well after these new unconstitutional laws go into effect.

Gotta learn to reload very soon I think.

rocky

Jan 14, 2012
    Been lurking for a while. Great forum. I'm retired military, now gov't, living in AA county.

thekman

Mar 5, 2013
    Hi MDS! I joined a couple weeks/months ago to better follow the craziness in Annapolis. Spent some time calling and emailing some of the lunatics down there, fat lot of good it did. On the plus side, all of my representatives voted against the stupid bill. Thanks to all of those tireless folks who spent time in the trenches fighting against the bill. Hoping to meet some people from here when we start stalking the political events for these guys who voted for the bill. Getting ready to push the button and go DINO.

sidthekid55

Mar 9, 2013
    Revealing myself! Been lurking for a couple of months, and looking forward to becoming part of the community! I enjoy reading, and learning from the knowledgeable and courteous people who have been here a while. Hopefully I am able to contribute from time to time.

Thanks for calling me and others out, as well! The more action we have on the boards, the more people like myself (lurkers) are willing to come out of the shadows....

:thumbsup:

cougar70

Jan 15, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    You caught me lurking from Glen Burnie!
    Been watching and looking around since January.
    With all the crap happening in Annapolis, I started looking around the net and found this site.

Right now, my wife and I don't have any firearms but are looking to change that shortly.
    Am becoming more and more upset and frightened about how much the hired politicians have decided to take more and more of our Constitutional rights away from us.

It's surprising just how many sheeple there are out there who don't realize that as more freedoms are taken away, it will be a step to the next freedom to be taken away.
    And once taken away, it's gets progressively harder to get them back.

Oh, by the way, hi to everyone!
    Brian

---------------------
    “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.” – Thomas Jefferson

nak5ptoh

Aug 3, 2012
    Hello all. I recently joined the forums here after been interested in shooting for a long time now. Joined the NRA a short while ago. I currently have a scoped Marlin 22, Sig SP2022 in 9mm, and a Mossberg tactical persuader 12 gauge. I look forward to learning on the forums here and supporting the cause. God bless the USA and the 2nd amendment

pez34a

Feb 17, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Hi there! Been lurking myself here for a few months.

Moved from Ohio straight from college back in 2002. I was already an enthusiast, stayed with the hobby for a year or two but fell out of it for a long while doing other things with life.

All the recent anti-craziness in the news got me back into thinking about how much I miss target shooting, so I found this site and started visiting ranges and gun shows again, and was quite active on contacting my reps via both in-person and written testimony. Been having quite a good time.

I guess that might be a silver lining to all the recent anti activity; it got me back into a hobby I love and paying more attention to the politics again (although I've always voted...no right to complain if you don't even vote).

Hope to see you all around!

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    shux, I never saw this thread. way back when we had a measly 2,000 members. ha ha ha, welcome aboard all. make a difference and join something besides a free internet forum. joining something indicates that you are an active member of a certain community and are willing to make minimal sacrifices, such as a $25.00 donation. if necessary, I can furnish a list of 2A organizations, both state and national that you may want to research. MSI is a great start, from there, look at other worthwhile efforts. doesn't have to be all at once either. none the less, welcome to the shooting sport, keep it safe and have fun.

DCutdSE

Rebel Scum
    Jan 2, 2009
    I appreciate all the information on this forum but do not post often myself. My current project is waiting on an M1a Scout that I ordered back in December which I hope reaches my FFL before Oct. 1. It doesn't seem entirely clear yet if having ordered and paid for a gun before the ban takes place counts or if it actually has to be in possession of your FFL by then.

I'm disappointed that I will not be able to own, tinker with, build and shoot the guns on the ban list so long as I'm a Marylander. I enjoy the mechanics of the firearms but will not be able to get some key pieces now.

Tanknut

Feb 10, 2013
    Hagerstown
    Joined up a few weeks ago. Dont get to post alot, because of lack of time. I hope to have more time soon. This is this best forum to follow the gun laws in Maryland, and about guns in general.

twowheelsforever

Jun 18, 2009
    Been lurking off and on for a couple years with a few occasional posts, but the recent gun laws in MD have gotten me more active and itching to acquire a few more regulated firearms before they're outlawed.

I'm in the Overlea/Perry Hall area.

Blawson

Apr 18, 2013
    Severn
    Been lurking here as well. Found this site on one of my car forums in the regional section about the new gun legislation. I recently purchased a glock g22 and I'm hoping to get a .22 rifle soon. I attended a few rally's in Annapolis as well.

Woodnickel

Mar 28, 2013
    East TN
    I've been lurking a while now. I moved my family here from communist New York recently for work. Wasn't aware when I moved that MOM and Cuomo are one in the same. My big dream of a seven day sig is almost to 30. Now given the ban ill start the click on a lower Monday. Anyhow, great stuff here!

Faderhaus

Mar 11, 2013
    I didn't "lurk" for that long....Just saw a few sections, topics and and diversity here and said, "Yeah, this is for me!" Glad I joined! Thanks, MD Shooters!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom