• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbaick

Nov 6, 2013
    Thoughts on this offering from Sportsman’s? It looks like retired police revolvers from the 70’s through 80’s?

They have the option for the 67 or 67-1. The 67-1 is $20 more for about the same condition? Why the price difference? I assumed the older 67 would carry the premium, not a later 67-1.

I’d love to get one with wood grips and they are all pre-lock!

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/208960

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/208966

Brownl345

Jan 9, 2015
    Howard County
    I think you could do better on a model 67. For that price, I need to know exactly which revolver I'm getting, not a "you'll get one out of these pictures."

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    The only difference initially between a 67 and 67-1 was moving the gas ring from the yoke to the cylinder. Later on in -1, they deleted the pinned barrel, but the ones pictured all have pins.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    The 2nd photo showed one with a stainless steel rear sight. That is a very early no dash model that would be well worth the price in nice condition. The prices are OK. Almost any S&W revolver with a pin in the barrel is worth that much if it's in good shape.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    Pinned barrels, recessed cylinders and with the stainless steel finish you can shine them until they look like nickel.

No counterbored cylinder on any model 67. That was reserved for magnum revolvers until 1982. Rimfires were and still are recessed.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I took a chance and ordered a 67 no dash. What I got was pretty darn nice with original wood grips stamped inside with the same serial number as the pistol. The grips show respectable wear given its production year of 1972. I took it to the range. The trigger was incrediblly smooth and the sights were dead on at 25 feet. Here's a photo after I polished it up a little with "Mother's".

Attachments

• Mode67Resize1.JPG
      Mode67Resize1.JPG
      81.4 KB · Views: 375

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads