• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    I picked up my 22/45 on Tuesday and a Vortex Venom (3moa) arrived yesterday. I will be giving this combo a try to see how I like shooting with a RDS from a hand gun.

i-prdHxBW-L.jpg

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Bought this new to me Lite. It has a Speed Strip installed. That might make it easier to clean, especially shooting suppressed.
    I have a sparrow and left the wave washer on and put on the sparrow.
    Pistol shot 6in right at 12yds. No sight adjustment could correct it. Thought I bought a lemon!
    After a little research, I removed the wave washer from under the sparrow.
    Problem solved. So just a little thing to look for if you run suppressed.
    ae0f6542241c61571bd2a1ad09e05d76.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    I was finally able to take my new Ruger Mk IV out to the range this afternoon. My quick review: I love this gun. It shoots great with CCI Standard (target below at 7 yrds,) it didn't like CCI Mini-mags (3-5 in groups at 7 yards.) I also really like shooting it with a red dot. Now I see why red dots on pistols have become so popular.

i-F2kKrsj-L.jpg

And you can't beat the ease of disassembly.

i-DGnDL3j-L.jpg

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I was finally able to take my new Ruger Mk IV out to the range this afternoon. My quick review: I love this gun. It shoots great with CCI Standard (target below at 7 yrds,) it didn't like CCI Mini-mags (3-5 in groups at 7 yards.) I also really like shooting it with a red dot. Now I see why red dots on pistols have become so popular.

i-F2kKrsj-L.jpg

i-DGnDL3j-L.jpg

Looks nice!

You and I have the same pistol. I considered that Vortex dot, too. I think that if I get one I'll be tempted to take the rail AND the iron sights off of it and mount the dot in one of the Burris Fastfire mounts that slides right in to the rear sight dovetail, and kind of end up with a "minimalist" gun. Plus, I think that mount gives the dot a lower height over bore.

VickiC

Thelma AND Louise
    May 25, 2017
    Wheaton, MD

i-F2kKrsj-L.jpg

i-DGnDL3j-L.jpg
    Good to hear! I'll be picking up my own 22/45 around Thursday. Loved the feel of it in my hand, perfect fit. Can't wait to get it on the range.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Good to hear! I'll be picking up my own 22/45 around Thursday. Loved the feel of it in my hand, perfect fit. Can't wait to get it on the range.

Man, on my custom built Mk III FrankenRuger at 7 yards I can put a full mag of Mini-Mags in the same hole. It's not completely non-Ruger as I use a Ruger bolt in it because I don't like the VQ CNC pinball bolt racker.

SC-RC-Open.jpg

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    Just an FYI.......

I picked up my MK IV Lite a few weeks back. I wanted a "lighter" trigger, and sprung for a VQ Accurizing Kit. Checked up on the "Tube" for video on installation. ($94.00)
    There was one for Mark IV and after watching it a few times, decided to go at it. While all parts fit OK, there are slight differences between the MK IV, and the MK IV Lite.
    This is probably due to different Frame on the "Lite" version. Also, there is a very small spring in the forward left corner of the Frame (Bolt Stop Lock Spring) that can easily be lost. It was not mentioned in the "Tube" video. Take care to note its location after removing the Bolt Stop Lock.
    Also for those who have the MK III Lite.....the mags are a tad different. The MK III has an extended "heel" on the Mag base, the MK IV Mag does not.
    The MK IV mag slips in the grip and is flush. MK III Mag, along with its "extended heel" will not seat into the MK IV.
    However.....one can easily remove that extended portion, and then MK III mags will seat fully into MK IV. I have done so and test fired using MK III mags in the MK IV with no problems.

Just sayin
    R

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom