• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    So I'm considering a new CZ shotgun, the Bobwhite G2 in 12 ga.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-bobwhite-g2/

Has anyone shot one? Impressions?

Any thoughts on durability? I know their other guns are solid choices so I'd like to assume these will be, too. Price point helps here. A little more than a Stoeger but hopefully better quality, too.

They offer a similar gun in Cerakote as their All Terrain model, for about $100 more. I assume that black hard chrome would be more durable than Cerakote, so while it's a pretty gun, I'll probably stick to basic black. Unless the upgrade is somehow worthwhile?

Thanks, Dutch

dink

Mar 30, 2014
    I have the first version in 20ga....it's my favorite field shotgun. Walnut is plain, but nice nonetheless. Black chrome barrels and some case coloring on the receiver. Subtle pretty, like the girl next door. Nothing can touch it anywhere near the price point. Love the double triggers, and they are hard to find cheap. Yes, you can pay a minimum of $1k more and get a prettier over/under, but if you want a quality SxS, start multiplying. I've killed all sorts of small game and waterfowl with it. Handles like a dream, can carry it all day, and hits everything you point it at. HIGHLY RECOMMEND it... I'm on the edge of getting a 28ga version....

Jmsvickers

Oct 19, 2020
    SOMD
    I'm going to necro this thread as I just got a G2 the other day. It is tight!!! It is not as nicely fit as other CZ guns (the metal portion of the handguard is not flush with the receiver) but it is nicely finished a d again, TIGHT! I have to realy break it open. Like others have said it's about the best bang for the buck going in SXS shotguns. It points great and swings great and has awesome balance.

Bear in mind the only other SXS I have held was an 1800's colt so I have a pretty small sample size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom