• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I have an approved Form 1 suppressor build in which I welded an internal sleeve as the blast chamber. All of my research determined that as long as the threaded end cap is not holding the baffles in place, I am legal to change out threads. In my configuration, baffles can only be removed via the muzzle, not the barrel end. That being said...
    I found out SD Tactical's parts have been shut down when I tried to buy a 5/8x24 threaded end cap. Where can I find an end cap in 5/8x24 that jibes with an SD Tactical D cell tube?

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Crosshair customs has the same exact pictures as SDTA for parts on their website. Could be they get their parts from SDTA, or some other scenario. Another member purchased a Ti tube from them, could ask him if they are the same.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=4689581&postcount=82

Edit: SDTA still offer the threaded mounts: http://sdtacticalarms.com/Mounts_c_37.html

I did not want to mention that the pics looked exactly like the pics of SDTA but apparently I was not the only one who noticed. I'm still waiting for the delivery. I'll update if the threading is compatible to items that used to be sold by SDTA.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    SDTA has Gemtech/ Liberty adapter so that you could use a LID (to connect to a Glock/ pistols using the browning mechanism) or a fixed mount for say a 9mm rifle. On the other end possibly a muzzle break mount for ARs with like threaded muzzle break/ flash suppressor like an AR or a 308. This could allow a suppressor to be used on a AR as well as a 9mm rifle. There may be loss of suppression because the larger hole in the baffle accommodates a pistol round. As for how big a diameter you drill the baffles, there are recommendations like .28 for a .223 suppressor but in reality giving allowance to avoid endcap strikes is an acceptable practice. ATF does not really specify the upper limit of the end cap diameter for a F1 suppressor.

carpentermatt

Feb 9, 2009
    I did not want to mention that the pics looked exactly like the pics of SDTA but apparently I was not the only one who noticed. I'm still waiting for the delivery. I'll update if the threading is compatible to items that used to be sold by SDTA.

When did you put your order in? I ordered about 2 weeks ago and was told earlier this week that they are manufacturing tubes now and will ship out next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom