• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sack

Dec 17, 2014
    WV
    I am doing an AR build and I am having trouble deciding on a trigger. I have never owned or shot anything with a nice trigger so I don't really know anything about them. After a lot of research I have decided on a Geissele trigger. I am looking at the G2S, SSA and the SSAE, besides price, what is the difference between the three? A little background on the build if it helps. I'm building a 6.5 Grendel and I will be using it for hunting, and hopefully mid to long range target shooting.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I own all three and they're all good. For your stated application, I'd go with the enhanced - just because of the slightly lighter pull. But if I were you I'd wait and see if they have a 25% off sale on Labor Day.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    G2S and SSA will feel the same/similar. The difference is the pin retention on the SSA is of a different, more robust, design. "E" designation is a 1lb lighter trigger pull below the base trigger it's built from; essentially, you're paying for a lighter hammer spring.

On a budget the G2S (and Brownell's exclusive G2SE) will fulfill desire for a nice two stage trigger.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I have a G2S and its amazing but if I had the money of prefer not to have to deal with the retaining pin.

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Of the three I would get the SSA-E. I've got 2 of them myself and they are great triggers. It is crazy how different the SSA-e is compared to a mil-spec trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom