• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    All four present members of the HPRB (three members and the designated Chair) are recess appointments and will be subject to Senate confirmation as one of the first acts of business on Session Opening Day (13JAN2016). Any seats not confirmed would result in a vacancy and necessitate a new appointment by the Governor.

Once Session starts, any new appointments will follow the in-session procedures and must be submitted to the Senate no later than 21FEB ("Green Bag", bag is actually delivered to the Senate on 19FEB, and read across the desk on 21FEB). http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/Pubs-current/current-session-dates.pdf

Come on, get serious...

Do you really think that this Communist Senate, the same one that gave you SB 2013, is going to confirm any NON gun haters to fill these positions..?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Come on, get serious...

Do you really think that this Communist Senate, the same one that gave you SB 2013, is going to confirm any NON gun haters to fill these positions..?

Devil Dog, I believe it can be viewed from my other posts that I do not expect Miller to allow this without a fight. Semper Fi.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Good, they can have these two (three?) removed and Hogan can re-apppoint four more new ones.

Ef it, not like it can be much worse really. The learning curve appears several months for these people that are thrown in with apparently ZERO guidance as to what their purpose even is.......

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Come on, get serious...

Eureka!
    Maybe the two members in question have been acting against their beliefs in order to get confirmed. Once that happens, the tricksy libtard gloves come off.

nah, I'm probably dreaming...

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I think it may have been looked at as a "rubber stamp" under an all Democrat rule situation. I would hardly look at these as rubber stamps in the current climate. Both Busch and Miller have publicly stated that the gloves are off and they are not interested in working with Hogan on anything. Recess appointments are the easy way for Miller to start turd-balls rolling.

Per voter referendum (http://msa.maryland.gov/megafile/msa/speccol/sc2900/sc2908/000001/000380/html/am380--343.html), recess appointments are valid from the date announced through the end of the immediate next Legislative Session. Per this OAG letter (http://www.oag.state.md.us/Opinions/Advice2005/della.pdf), any recess appointment rejected will remain in effect until the end of the current Legislative Session, or until the Governor appoints, and the Senate confirms, a suitable replacement, whichever comes first. The standard assumption would be, if the latter does not happen, the non-confirmed seat vacates on 12APR2016.

And Hogan keeps appointing members during recess and it's a perpetual game of musical HPRB chairs.....

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    From a source, no one is being paid. That could be a reason seats are not being filled..

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Fugg us,....... that's one way to make sure the whole process is royally screwed up, stiff the people on their pay! Certainly the MSP/LD couldn't be pulling strings on THAT front.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I haven't served up any Secret Squirrel nuggets lately... and I will just say this... what was done by those two members is done... a few members at the New Year's Day Trap shoot were privy to a little discussion that I am not willing to reveal on the forum... and those privy to this discussion agreed with my conclusion... I said it before and I will say it again... Gryphon's decision set this process back to the Stone age...

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I won't/can't say much because it's a secret situation that's being discussed under tables with people listening to loud rap music but I will say this.......

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      40.3 KB · Views: 361

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I haven't served up any Secret Squirrel nuggets lately... and I will just say this... what was done by those two members is done... a few members at the New Year's Day Trap shoot were privy to a little discussion that I am not willing to reveal on the forum... and those privy to this discussion agreed with my conclusion... I said it before and I will say it again... Gryphon's decision set this process back to the Stone age...

See you Thursday ? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom