• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    Friends of mine own that place and its really great but call ahead and let them know its your anniversary and you want an appropriate table. The place is tiny and folks are piled on top of each other.

I always go late, so I never had a problem with it being packed, but I can see that happening. My best friend was one of the sous-chefs there until they moved him to exec at Mutiny, I've met the owners a couple of times.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    How special to you guys consider your anniversary? My wife and I don't really go all-out anymore, which might have to do with the fact that our anniversary, my birthday and my son's birthday all fall into a 4 days span, so we mainly celebrate my son's birthday.

If it's a big deal, take her to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Baltimore. Yes, it's a chain. Yes it's expensive. However, you are guaranteed a great meal in a nice environment, and for us, it's not the kind of place we go to very often, so it's not's not exactly like hitting a chain restaurant like Applebee's or TGI Friday's - it's a bit more exclusive.

If you don't want to go that expensive, you could always try Mutiny Pirate Bar and Island Grill off of Marley Avene in North Glen Burnie, right off of the water on Marley Creek. The food is moving toward the unique and upscale, and they have over 300 rums you can have, and they have sampler "flights" of various types of rums. Decent place - I'd go there again. It's kind of rustic, and I think it's a local watering hole because the bar area fills up, but it's a place I've been meaning to get back to.

ihriec

Aug 10, 2013
    The Chart House in Annapolis is my wife and my favorite. If you sit in the lounge you get a great view of the harbor and they don't rush you along. It is a bit pricey - about $125 including 2 glasses of wine each. The New York Strip is fantastic!

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    If you want to head down near Solomons, there is a little known restaurant called Back Creek Bistro. It is on the water with a nice little view. Been there three times in the past year (it's a little pricey) and the food and service has been fantastic. However, I do not know any restaurants north of SoMD.

Great place! That's where I had reservations set up and took my wife to dinner right after I proposed. The staff and management were incredible.

OP, near - or rather just north of Baltimore close to I-83 is the Oregon Grill. Great place, very rustic AND classy.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    I'm a big fan of Chef Tony's and Sorrento's (both in Bethesda). I know the owners, and they are stand-up guys!

Chef Tony's concentrates on seafood, and it's all fresh. Sorrento's is kick-ass Italian food, made by real Italians.

Also, La Ferme in Chevy Chase (off Brookeville Road), another great restaurant. It's a French restaurant, but the head chef is a friend of mine, and makes a filet mignon you can cut with the side of your fork!

Oh, and Happy Anniversary! My wife and I celebrate ours every year at La Ferme. Expensive, yes, but totally worth it :D

-John

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I always go late, so I never had a problem with it being packed, but I can see that happening. My best friend was one of the sous-chefs there until they moved him to exec at Mutiny, I've met the owners a couple of times.

How special to you guys consider your anniversary? My wife and I don't really go all-out anymore, which might have to do with the fact that our anniversary, my birthday and my son's birthday all fall into a 4 days span, so we mainly celebrate my son's birthday.

If it's a big deal, take her to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Baltimore. Yes, it's a chain. Yes it's expensive. However, you are guaranteed a great meal in a nice environment, and for us, it's not the kind of place we go to very often, so it's not's not exactly like hitting a chain restaurant like Applebee's or TGI Friday's - it's a bit more exclusive.

If you don't want to go that expensive, you could always try Mutiny Pirate Bar and Island Grill off of Marley Avene in North Glen Burnie, right off of the water on Marley Creek. The food is moving toward the unique and upscale, and they have over 300 rums you can have, and they have sampler "flights" of various types of rums. Decent place - I'd go there again. It's kind of rustic, and I think it's a local watering hole because the bar area fills up, but it's a place I've been meaning to get back to.

Did the second Mutiny open up yet?
    Columbia/Ellicott City area I think?

I went down to Glen Burnie for some business with them and the sauce smelled so good I could barely concentrate. They could've paid me in food.

leavnalegacy

Mar 24, 2013
    If you are into Fish, then The Black Olive has an array of selection, both mainline and exotic fish from around the globe. Located on South Bond Street in Baltimore.

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    Did the second Mutiny open up yet?
    Columbia/Ellicott City area I think?

I went down to Glen Burnie for some business with them and the sauce smelled so good I could barely concentrate. They could've paid me in food.

I heard they wanted to open up another restaurant, but I didn't know it was supposed to be another Mutiny. Last I heard, they had found a building that they were going to use, but I haven't heard anything in a while, so I don't know what happened with it. The one that I heard about may have been a new venture, the new Mutiny might have been a separate thing. I know they have two Iron Bridges, so it make sense that they would open another Mutiny.

I love the food at Mutiny and Iron Bridge, I'm just glad they aren't closer to me, otherwise I would be tempted to just hang out at one or the other every night.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    Oh, Victoria Gastro Pub in Columbia is awesome - my wife and I went there a couple weeks ago with a friend of mine and her husband. The poutine was great, as were the burgers. Prices were $13-30, but worth it for us.

Also, they have a ton of beers. Probably 30 on tap and another 100 or more in bottles. They have a beer club sort of thing too, but I didn't look into it, as I don't plan to go there often enough.

-John

johnlax38

NOOB
    Nov 19, 2013
    Crofton, MD
    Wifey and I are having our 17th anniversary next Saturday and we're looking for a Baltimore/Columbia restaurant. Trying to stay away from chains and find something a little different. Steaks and seafood are always winners, and any place that has more wild game options would be an option as well.

Thanks for any input.

The Chop House in Annapolis. Its steak and seafood. If you go, book the reservation and tell them its your anniversary. They will make the experience extra special. :party29:

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    My wife and I have hitting Oscar's Ale House in Eldersburg about 4 times in the past two months. The food is not overly fancy, but the prices are pretty reasonable. Sandwiches around $10 entrees under $20. everthing we have had has been awesome. Personal favorite is the prime rib. My wife loves the steak sandwich and the grouper (fish) sandwich.

The have crap-loads of beers on tap.

Rob

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    If your willing to drive to frederick, Highly reccomend;

The Tasting Room
    Acacia 123

Founding Farmers (Montrose Rd Rockville, or DC) is worth the drive, and with it being your anniversary they give you a piece of cake with ice cream, and trust me it's worth going just for that.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Wow, thank you everyone for the suggestions, I knew all of you would come up with some great ideas.

Some of you already listed several of our favorites: Fogo, Prime Rib, Chart House, Ruth's Chris. All great, just looking for something a little different and locally owned.

We've heard of Charlestown from several friends, so that is an option, and many if you have left some other great suggestions.

Thank you again!

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    Wow, thank you everyone for the suggestions, I knew all of you would come up with some great ideas.

Some of you already listed several of our favorites: Fogo, Prime Rib, Chart House, Ruth's Chris. All great, just looking for something a little different and locally owned.

We've heard of Charlestown from several friends, so that is an option, and many if you have left some other great suggestions.

Thank you again!

The catch is: now you have to give us a review of where ever you end up going :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom