• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Wifey and I are having our 17th anniversary next Saturday and we're looking for a Baltimore/Columbia restaurant. Trying to stay away from chains and find something a little different. Steaks and seafood are always winners, and any place that has more wild game options would be an option as well.

Thanks for any input.

redhawk_hj

May 29, 2013
    montgomery county
    happy anniversary, tonight is my 2 year and i am going to try range in friendship heights... i have heard mixed reviews but hope that they have fixed all the kinks and it will be pretty good. got a hotel room down there as well

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    If you want to head down near Solomons, there is a little known restaurant called Back Creek Bistro. It is on the water with a nice little view. Been there three times in the past year (it's a little pricey) and the food and service has been fantastic. However, I do not know any restaurants north of SoMD.

MattFive

Nov 10, 2012
    Gambrills, MD
    The Woodberry Kitchen is a great restaurant. It's pricey but I think it's worth it. Plus, you're paying for local ingredients. The desserts are phenonemal. You may scoff at the idea of basilice cream but pair it with some blueberry pie and :thumbsup:

Abbey Burger is a pub so little less "date nighty" but have some of the largest obscure game animal and beer selections I have seen in the area. They also have tasty adult milkshakes. Plus, their chips are homemade.

Good luck!

Edit: Both are located in Baltimore.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    If you want to go into North Baltimore then Alchemy on 36th Street is great. Tersiguel's in Ellicott City is also a good bet.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Elkridge Furnace Inn is very quaint and good food (and $$$$)

Tarks Grill in Lutherville is nice, less expensive, great wine selection.

CarlosM

Mar 12, 2013
    Wifey and I are having our 17th anniversary next Saturday and we're looking for a Baltimore/Columbia restaurant. Trying to stay away from chains and find something a little different. Steaks and seafood are always winners, and any place that has more wild game options would be an option as well.

Thanks for any input.

Happy anniversary. My wife and I will celebrate out 17th on the 29th. We haven't decided where to go for dinner yet, so I'll be watching this thread for ideas!

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    Oregon grill, beaver dam road. Bring your wallet. I hunt less then a quarter mile away so if it's wild game you want stop by and I'll toss you some venison. Lol

Congrats on 17 years!

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    Wow. I was going to suggest somewhere within Maryland Live. I've never been but just looked at their website. They really struck out on restaurants. I mean, Bobby's Burgers? Cheesecake Factory? Noodles? Prime Rib maybe but jeeze, those are some crap selections.

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    Iron Bridge Wine Company

Great place and great food! Depending on the current menu, they may have some wild game available, and they have the steak and seafood option as well.

It's not necessarily as formal as somewhere like The Prime Rib, but it's an intimate little restaurant that will make for a great evening.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Iron Bridge Wine Company

Great place and great food! Depending on the current menu, they may have some wild game available, and they have the steak and seafood option as well.

It's not necessarily as formal as somewhere like The Prime Rib, but it's an intimate little restaurant that will make for a great evening.

Friends of mine own that place and its really great but call ahead and let them know its your anniversary and you want an appropriate table. The place is tiny and folks are piled on top of each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom