• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    this entails giving the air wing firearms which is not necessarily the best idea.
    Go to my home 29 palms and try a shooting please. My unit required all Marines on firewatch to be armed just for custom and if need be to defend against the enemy of all the Corps the desert tortoise.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    We were in the field half of the time so it was sort of superfluous since firewatch is conducted around tanks fully loaded. Due to the fueld and ammo stored it actually is required the guard be armed. At the ramp you are correct.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Yerp, though most of the field ex we went out the only time the 25's had ammo was on the range.

Always thought it was stupid. "train as you fight" well... almost.

We don't trust you enough back in the states to actually have bullets.

4yrs in the Corps, only saw live ammo during rifle qualifying. Even then it was handed out as needed then we were practically strip searched to make sure no one snuck off with a live round. In Vietnam it was different, we had ammo, but a lot of time we needed more and played hell getting it. Made a BLT cruise with 2nd Marines to the Caribbean, mostly fired blanks. Had M14s, blanks made them dirty as hell. Would not fire them, just yelled bang,bang. Saved a lot of cleaning. Once threw a ammo can full of blanks out the door of a Ch-46.

dungslinger

Jan 31, 2013
    Martinsburg, WV
    Yes the Commandant wants to come down on problem children but what the article does not say is they have tied the hands of the NCO's. Additionally I have never stayed at a barracks that would say well "it's not too bad" and at my current unit the marines can't have a room that looks remotely personal (no hooters calendars, posters on the wall, or anything resembling a car part). Living in the barracks for many years prevented me from buying guns so I let loose over the past 6 months.

The worst part is 2012 the suicide rate hit a record high, with all the "crackdowns" coming I hope the Marines are able to stay strong mentally.

Midgettem1

Jarhead
    Jun 7, 2011
    NOVA
    My feeling is that the new policies are designed to "cull the heard"- by making daily life annoying for junior officers and enlisted- the ones that the new policies will influence- that they get out after their first contract obligation is over.

Just my feeling. We're going through a major downsize. I cant think a better way to downsize than to make life so miserable, people get out voluntarily.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    My feeling is that the new policies are designed to "cull the heard"- by making daily life annoying for junior officers and enlisted- the ones that the new policies will influence- that they get out after their first contract obligation is over.

Just my feeling. We're going through a major downsize. I cant think a better way to downsize than to make life so miserable, people get out voluntarily.
    1995 all over again...dirty pool tricks will be played to get as many people DQ'd from VA benefits as well...

dungslinger

Jan 31, 2013
    Martinsburg, WV

1995 all over again...dirty pool tricks will be played to get as many people DQ'd from VA benefits as well...

Yes Its defiantly designed to cull the heard just like lowering higher tenor to 10 years, weight control, and selective re-enlistments. The rumor number is down to 150,000

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom