• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Got my m92 sbr back from the Smith a while ago. Haven't got to shoot it yet :(

Attachments

• 20170624_122540.jpg
      20170624_122540.jpg
      76.6 KB · Views: 866

The_Emperor

Apr 16, 2017
    Which other ak74 are compliant? I thought it was slr 104 and had to pick one up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Century Arms M74 is also MD compliant. But those are a bit harder to come by since they do not make those anymore.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I got this last week. Ever since moving to VA, I've been binging on AKs. This turned out not to be a pre-ban 56S-1, but an early post-ban "1 56S-1" that was in Customs right as the ban came down. The importer stamped an extra 1 in there to change the model name and modified it slightly by welding a muzzle nut on and grinding off the bayonet lug. At least I didn't pay pre-ban prices for this. It's a placeholder until I can get one.

S2VfBaH.jpg

mv20O3F.jpg

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    j11IVkz.jpg
    Snagged one of these from Classicfirearms the other week. Haven't had the chance to shoot it yet. It'll tide me over till I can get my other one built :evilgrin3:

Got my first 74 last week. Pic will be posted later today, but I have a question in the meantime.

There's so many different options for optic mounts and it makes my head spin. The main one I'm looking at is the Ultimak rail that mounts to the top of the gas tube. And of course there's the side mount ones as well.

What I don't know is which ones have issues holding zero, and which ones are garbage entirely. Pretty sure I'm just going to go with a red dot.

Suggestions on mounts/optics to consider and ones to avoid?

Thanks

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Got my first 74 last week. Pic will be posted later today, but I have a question in the meantime.

There's so many different options for optic mounts and it makes my head spin. The main one I'm looking at is the Ultimak rail that mounts to the top of the gas tube. And of course there's the side mount ones as well.

What I don't know is which ones have issues holding zero, and which ones are garbage entirely. Pretty sure I'm just going to go with a red dot.

Suggestions on mounts/optics to consider and ones to avoid?

Thanks

RS Regulate with a Master Mount.
    Everything else is trash, doesn't hold zero, or looks like crap. Buy once cry once. Wait til Black Friday and get blems on sale.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    There's so many mounts on their page. Could you specify which one you're talking about? I didn't see Master Mount on their site

https://premiershootingsolutions.com/product/ak-master-mounttm-side-rail/
    Get the steel version. It holds zero. There have been issues in The past with the aluminum version.

For RS Regulate, it depends which kind of gun you have. Since there is a vast difference in a case style rifles they have different amounts for different rifles. Click on each one and read the description and they're pretty good at telling you which one they fit. If you're still not sure shoot them an email. Their customer service is outstanding. I have the AK-303M with TRS 25 Mount. You will need an Upper mount and a lower mount.

https://premiershootingsolutions.com/product/ak-master-mounttm-side-rail/
    Get the steel version. It holds zero. There have been issues in The past with the aluminum version.

For RS Regulate, it depends which kind of gun you have. Since there is a vast difference in a case style rifles they have different amounts for different rifles. Click on each one and read the description and they're pretty good at telling you which one they fit. If you're still not sure shoot them an email. Their customer service is outstanding. I have the AK-303M with TRS 25 Mount. You will need an Upper mount and a lower mount.

So the master mount is used instead of of the factory side mount?

EDIT: Disregard question. I see it's used on models that don't have the factory side rail. I have an Engage Armament 74 built on a Nodak Spud receiver that has the side rail on the receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom