• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I've been chasing a similar tail. What I've read and been told, it has to either be stamped HBAR or the marketing literature has to say HBAR. From what I've gathered, it could be a 2" diameter barrel and if its not marked or "marketed" HBAR, its a no go. Someone with much more knowledge and understanding will be along to help with the clear as murky water on a moonless night MD laws.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yeah it says SOCOM/GOV Profile. Gov Prof is a no go on any post ban ARs in Md.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    dammit I just want a 16 heavy barrel with a 1/7 twist that looks descent, so hard to find

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Hasn't someone gotten an opinion that a bullbarrel is okay? It is certainly a lot diameter than HBAR.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    Hasn't someone gotten an opinion that a bullbarrel is okay? It is certainly a lot diameter than HBAR.

A bull barrel is like 500 pounds, lol. Screw shooting it for home defense just beat the bad guys to pulp with the barrel

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    A bull barrel is like 500 pounds, lol. Screw shooting it for home defense just beat the bad guys to pulp with the barrel

I didn't say it was a good idea, I was just saying AFAIK a bull barrel actually is okay. If you look on the MSP registry I am pretty sure you can find one manufacturers model of AR-15 that is a "target" rifle with a bullbarrel and it is okay and I don't think it is advertised as HBAR and it isn't marked as HBAR.

I'd double check, but I wouldn't be too nervous about a bullbarrel being okay.

I'd never do it though. My 20" HBAR is heavy enough, thank you very much.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Do you have a pre-ban lower you can stick it on? I bet you have an 80% you finished before 10/2013, don't you?

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I didn't say it was a good idea, I was just saying AFAIK a bull barrel actually is okay. If you look on the MSP registry I am pretty sure you can find one manufacturers model of AR-15 that is a "target" rifle with a bullbarrel and it is okay and I don't think it is advertised as HBAR and it isn't marked as HBAR.

I'd double check, but I wouldn't be too nervous about a bullbarrel being okay.

I'd never do it though. My 20" HBAR is heavy enough, thank you very much.

My rational mind says a bull/target barrel is ok too, but this is communist Maryland where common sense and rational thinking does NOT exist as far as gun law are concerned. There are those here and elsewhere who insist that to be 100% in the clear, it must be marked or marketed HBAR. From what I've been told and what I've read, there are is no DEFINITIVE answer on what constitutes a HBAR other than being stamped or marketed as such.
    I hate MD's gun laws more and more everyday.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    My rational mind says a bull/target barrel is ok too, but this is communist Maryland where common sense and rational thinking does NOT exist as far as gun law are concerned. There are those here and elsewhere who insist that to be 100% in the clear, it must be marked or marketed HBAR. From what I've been told and what I've read, there are is no DEFINITIVE answer on what constitutes a HBAR other than being stamped or marketed as such.
    I hate MD's gun laws more and more everyday.

you think with trump as president, it'll start changing?

Blkhawk870

Nov 15, 2014
    Baltimore County
    I've had a hard time finding a 1/7 HBAR as well. I'm going either order a Faxon heavy fluted barrel or pick up a WOA from Engage. I've heard the Faxon are relatively light for a HBAR.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    you think with trump as president, it'll start changing?

We could only hope. However, I'm reluctant to believe ANYTHING gun related will change for the better in the state of Maryland due to the liberal lunatics in Annapolis and a governor who either cannot or just plain out will not take a stand for the 2A community.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    I've had a hard time finding a 1/7 HBAR as well. I'm going either order a Faxon heavy fluted barrel or pick up a WOA from Engage. I've heard the Faxon are relatively light for a HBAR.
    We should get a sticky going for this to help new mds shooters, find them for example links to manufacturers safe for the republic of maryland. It a lot harder to find online with a descent price now a days. I reached to apoc to have thrm advertise there uppers as hbar to make it maryland compliant, if any other members has done that it should all be in one area where we all can go for our ar15 building endeavors

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom