• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    So I called the atf again to inquire if my FFL has put in a request for copy of my approved stamp and he still hadn't done that at this point. The person who I was speaking to from the atf said I can put that request in via email or fax. I took the email info down and emailed them right away.

I then called SSshop to complain on how my FFL is basically not doing a damn thing. And they told me that things in the Nfa world happen slow,( which I understand), that the FFL has a good reputation even though I put in the dates and messages I've gotten from him, and for me not to call the atf regarding my item because that will slow it down even further.

At this point in pissed I had all 3 suppressors sent to this dealer. In the future I'm only gonna deal with shops I've been too so I can put a face to whom I'm speaking too and not get the run around. And when i finally do get all three of my suppressors we will see what kind of a review I leave him. It's really gonna depend on how smoothly the other two transfers go.

Vent over.....

Did I miss the name of the dealer? Who is it?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    So I called the atf again to inquire if my FFL has put in a request for copy of my approved stamp and he still hadn't done that at this point. The person who I was speaking to from the atf said I can put that request in via email or fax. I took the email info down and emailed them right away.

I then called SSshop to complain on how my FFL is basically not doing a damn thing. And they told me that things in the Nfa world happen slow,( which I understand), that the FFL has a good reputation even though I put in the dates and messages I've gotten from him, and for me not to call the atf regarding my item because that will slow it down even further.

At this point in pissed I had all 3 suppressors sent to this dealer. In the future I'm only gonna deal with shops I've been too so I can put a face to whom I'm speaking too and not get the run around. And when i finally do get all three of my suppressors we will see what kind of a review I leave him. It's really gonna depend on how smoothly the other two transfers go.

Vent over.....

Who's your FFL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Why? I'm sure there are plenty of people here that don't want to make the same mistake using them.

Because I still have dealing with this person. I have 3 suppressors still in Nfa jail. And he kinda holds the keys. I'll say this if buying thru silencershop have them shipped to brick and mortar stores. Not people who do transactions out of their house.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Because I still have dealing with this person. I have 3 suppressors still in Nfa jail. And he kinda holds the keys. I'll say this if buying thru silencershop have them shipped to brick and mortar stores. Not people who do transactions out of their house.

I dont blame you. I would keep the dealer name quiet until I had my toys. Then out them.
    Keep us posted.

Rteele70

Jul 5, 2016
    3 form 4's

Sent 1/25/16
    Cashed 2/5/16
    Approved 6/2/16 (according to lady on the phone today)
    Received........still waiting

I thought she said July 2nd at first, then I looked at the calendar and saw that was on a Saturday so I figured she must have said June. I only asked about 1 of the 3 so I didn't take up too much of her time. I am new to this, but assume all since all 3 were mailed together with 1 $600 check, they may have all been approved together?

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Sent 1/25/16
    Cashed 2/5/16
    Approved 6/2/16 (according to lady on the phone today)
    Received........still waiting

I thought she said July 2nd at first, then I looked at the calendar and saw that was on a Saturday so I figured she must have said June. I only asked about 1 of the 3 so I didn't take up too much of her time. I am new to this, but assume all since all 3 were mailed together with 1 $600 check, they may have all been approved together?
    They work on weekends & holidays, especially before they go out on vacation so it could be 7/2..

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Called the ATF today.

Have a couple of From 4's and eForm 1's from February.
    They say the wait time in now 6+ months from mid February.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    ...like swimming up river.:sad20:

Well I guess when you have absolutely no accountability or motivations to process the paperwork by a certain time frame, it doesn't matter how long it takes. While I have no ill will towards the people responsible for processing the paperwork, it is the federal government. There are no laws on how long the process has to take. They just do the thorough job they have to do. Regardless of how long it takes.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I'm still waiting for Form 3 that was sent in on 5/18. It has been 54 days now. If it is taking that long for a form 3, I can't imagine what the form 4 will be. Luckily for me I guess, they both were submitted at about the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom