• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    It's news to me that automatic weapons were used in Aurora, Arizona, and v tech.... Clueless or lying, either way he was unqualified for his post in the court.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    "Maybe you have some kind of Constitutional right to have a cell phone." He is not even sure you have a right to a cell phone. I think senility is creeping in.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I'm pretty sure you don't have a right to a cell phone...

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Some enterprising entrepreneur should come up with a cellphone that shoots a bullet and dials 911.

Oh really ... Nevermind !!!

Attachments

• cellphone gun.jpg
      cellphone gun.jpg
      19.6 KB · Views: 300

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    Hang on, the man starts off talking about Miller, and then goes on to say that "automatic weapons" like the ones used in the Aurora shooting should be heavily regulated? Wasn't that an AR15? The civilian version of the M-16, which is in "common use" in the U.S. military at this time, the very rifle that comes to people's mind when they think "U.S. Army" or "U.S. Marines"???

Do Justices even read the law anymore, or do they just make stuff up as they go along and hope nobody notices/calls them on it?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    From CCRKBA:

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]STEVENS’ ON GUNS UNDERSCORES
    IMPORTANCE OF HIGH COURT NOMINEES[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]BELLEVUE, WA – Monday’s high-profile prodding by retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens for Congress to do something, and for presidential candidates to say something, about gun control proves the importance of who is in the White House and the U.S. Senate to make and confirm high court nominations, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms said today.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Reuters reported that the retired justice was the speaker at Monday’s luncheon hosted by the anti-gun Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. Stevens wrote dissenting opinions on both the 2008 Heller ruling and the 2010 McDonald decision, both of which affirmed that the Second Amendment protects an individual civil right to keep and bear arms.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] “In both of his dissents,” noted CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb, “Justice Stevens contended that the right to keep and bear arms was limited to state militia service. It was, and remains, an astonishing position on a fundamental civil right.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] “What Justice Stevens’ speech clearly underscores,” he continued, “is the critical importance of who is president, not just for the next four years, but whenever a vacancy occurs on the high court. Imagine if Justice Stevens’ opinion had prevailed.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Stevens’ dissent in the Heller case was heavily criticized by the majority opinion, written by Justice Antonin Scalia. The majority ruling described Stevens’ arguments as “simply wrong,” and at one point – when addressing Stevens’ history of the Second Amendment – said that he “flatly misreads the historical record.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] “Stevens’ replacement on the Supreme Court was liberal Elena Kagan,” Gottlieb noted. “A liberal, anti-gun majority could easily narrow, rather than expand, the scope of our Second Amendment. That’s why it is, and always will be, important for gun owners to have a pro-gun-rights president and pro-gun majority in the Senate, especially on the Judiciary Committee.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]With more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is one of the nation’s premier gun rights organizations. As a non-profit organization, the Citizens Committee is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States. The Citizens Committee can be reached by phone at (425) 454-4911, on the Internet at www.ccrkba.org or by email to InformationRequest@ccrkba.org.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

<Please e-mail, distribute, and circulate to friends and family>​
    Copyright © 2012 Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, All Rights Reserved.​
    [FONT=&quot]Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
    James Madison Building
    12500 N.E. Tenth Place
    Bellevue, WA 98005[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Voice: 425-454-4911
    Toll Free: 800-426-4302
    FAX: 425-451-3959
    Email: InformationRequest@ccrkba.org

[/FONT]​

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I had a woman tell me once that instead of guns there should be a police officer assigned to every 3 people and you page them whenever you are in danger. Yes I am dead serious, someone said that to me with a straight face. The other guy I was talking to and I just stared at her in dismay and didn't say a word. We were stunned. WTF was she thinking? Or not I guess.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I think there are more of these loons out there than we can imagine. Ever watch Jessy Watters interview these morons on O'Reilly?

Stunning levels of stupidity.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Supreme Court Justice (or former SCJ) doesn't always equate to supreme intelligence. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom