• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    Hi all!

Got me a 1956 Romanian TT-C but the barrel is pretty shot out. So I found a replacement barrel which of course didn’t have the link and pin installed. I sourced a link and pin but now I’m wondering how to install them. Is this something I can do myself or would you recommend bringing to a gunsmith?

Thanks!

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    It is something you can do (making the assumption that you are not a Neanderthal). You’ll need to support the barrel and the lug on the barrel when you press the pin in. An arbor press in nice to have when pushing in the pin. Not necessary, but nice to have. Just spend a few minutes figuring out how to make a block to hold the barrel and the lug on the bottom of the barrel without having it move. Hockey pucks make a good base, and are decently easy to cut a V-groove for the barrel. If you make the V-groove the right depth, the lug can rest on the top of the puck, and it won’t move.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It is something you can do (making the assumption that you are not a Neanderthal). You’ll need to support the barrel and the lug on the barrel when you press the pin in. An arbor press in nice to have when pushing in the pin. Not necessary, but nice to have. Just spend a few minutes figuring out how to make a block to hold the barrel and the lug on the bottom of the barrel without having it move. Hockey pucks make a good base, and are decently easy to cut a V-groove for the barrel. If you make the V-groove the right depth, the lug can rest on the top of the puck, and it won’t move.

I used a vise to press mine in. Worked like a charm with no whaling or beating.

Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    Thanks everyone! Once the barrel link and pin come in I’ll be sure to post an update.

Now to figure out how to get that straight pin out of the firing pin rentention pin hole. Yeah it’s not the usual split pin. Looks like Ivan the Armorer used a piece of nail or something in there. Ah the joys of milsurp

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom