Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Ok, so here is another version:
    slide0027_image117.jpg

http://www.impulsegunbarrels.com/onlinekatalog-nov03/eng-09-bausaetze.htm
    slide0017_image135.gif

If you ever wanted a carbbine in 10mm or .357 SIG, then this sounds good.

So that gives us, in addition to the one above, Mech Tech:
    CCU%20-%20fixed%20removable%20stock%201.jpg

http://www.mechtechsys.com/

The un-named manufacturer:
    144004_ts.JPG

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=453843

And the Buntline Special carbine conversion:
    usfabuntline.jpg

http://www.lisc.net/usfa.htm

Anyone know of any more?

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I saw a guy with the mechtech conversion one day up at Continental. He really liked it, said it worked well.
    That is one of my "to buy" things. I want one for 10mm though, so I guess that would mean I would have to buy a Glock finally.

I would like one with a folding stock, but I doubt they make them.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    if i have a stock I want a fore grip - supprisingly those don't seemto come with any sort of foregrip except for the mechtech

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    That is one of my "to buy" things. I want one for 10mm though, so I guess that would mean I would have to buy a Glock finally.

Except one never buys a Glock "finally." One buys a first Glock, "for starters." Then, like Tribbles, they begin to multiply. :D

Attachments

• tribbles glocks.JPG
      tribbles glocks.JPG
      57.3 KB · Views: 794
    Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    Except one never buys a Glock "finally." One buys a first Glock, "for starters." Then, like Tribbles, they begin to multiply. :D

Ah how true it is... They are economical, reliable, and accurate. Right now I have a 19 and 17L, but eventually I'd like to own a 26. I'm still hoping the next Glock will be a thin-line design like the G36, but in 9mm...

My fantasy specs for the "Glock 40":

Caliber: 9X19mm
    Length: 6.29"
    Height: 4.17"
    Width: 1.11"
    Line of Sight: 5.672"
    Barrel Length: 3.46"
    Weight: 18.5 oz empty/22.95 oz loaded
    Magazine Capacity: 8 rounds

I think that would sell well in the carry states. I'd buy one just in the hope I can one day I can carry it in MD.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Yes I wish Glock would come out with a "slimline" gun other than the 36. And in all honesty, even the 36 isn't that much slimmer. I believe it's a width of 1.10" as opposed to 1.18" on the standard models. While the grip length is cut down nicely on the subcompacts, even the baby Glocks are little chubsters.

However I still plan to pick up a 27 shortly. The thing I like about the 27 is it is fully compatible with .357 SIG with a correct barrel dropped in if I want to start shooting that again, and supposedly is compatible to 9mm with a 9mm barrel dropped in. It doesn't work the other way around with the 26 going to .40 with a .40 barrel, because of the extractor placement on the slide. At least that's what others have told me.

Andras

Aug 12, 2008
    Charles Co.
    I got a Mechtech CCU back in the 90s to use with my Para-ordnance P14 frame kit. The problem was that the bolt battered the front corner of the aluminum frame. I ended up getting a steel 1911 frame from a great-uncle to use with it. Recently I picked up a steel frame Para (SX12) but the firing pin lock interfered with the bolt. I stripped the SX down and pulled out the pin safety lifter, and had to swap manual safety's since the stock extended safety hit the CCU and couldn't be engaged. I have it all figured out now, and the SX12 frame will also accept the 14round P14 mags.

45CCU_SX12.jpg

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I emailed Beretta about the legality of the using the kit to go from pistol to rifle and then back to pistol, and they swore up and down that it was A-OK. Reasoning they gave was that because it was explicitly registered as a pistol, it's OK to go back to as a pistol.

This is ever so slightly different than the T/C or AR-15 case (where the frame/receiver was either registered as a firearm or a rifle, but not a handgun). In fact, this could be the reason that the Glock carbine kit makers feel safe, too.

I've shot off an email to the ATF about it, so we'll see what they say. Just trying to do the right thing here - I don't want to find out post-facto I'm breaking the law, especially when I've got a fair bit invested in pistol barrels for the Neos. :)

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I emailed Beretta about the legality of the using the kit to go from pistol to rifle and then back to pistol, and they swore up and down that it was A-OK. Reasoning they gave was that because it was explicitly registered as a pistol, it's OK to go back to as a pistol.

This is ever so slightly different than the T/C or AR-15 case (where the frame/receiver was either registered as a firearm or a rifle, but not a handgun). In fact, this could be the reason that the Glock carbine kit makers feel safe, too.

I've shot off an email to the ATF about it, so we'll see what they say. Just trying to do the right thing here - I don't want to find out post-facto I'm breaking the law, especially when I've got a fair bit invested in pistol barrels for the Neos. :)
    :thumbsup:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Bah, ATF rejected my mail server (and thus, email). Gonna have to punch it off from some other account.

I saw some other letter posted that seemed to imply registered pistols still only had the one way rifle transition, but I suppose we'll see. One benefit of being unemployed is that I do have some time to pursue this little issue.

CKOD

Jan 30, 2009
    Carbine conversion of Ruger MK III

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/ares_22rcu-tfb-tm.jpg[/IG]
    [url]http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/11/20/ares-22rcu-carbine-conversion-of-ruger-mk-iii-pistol/[/url][/QUOTE]

wait, wouldnt that just be buying a rifle then? other then taking the same mags, might as well have a 10/22, unless you really need the collapsible stock. Plus I'd expect the light bolt on a Mk2/3 to open earlier then a heavy bolt on a 10/22, and I'm not sure if that could cause issues on a 16" barrel.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    What's the best pistol carbine conversion for the shower? Bonus points if I can make it from filipino curtain rods or open carry it as a cap and ball revolver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom