• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    How on earth can they dictate what I can and cannot do in my own personal vehicle. Surrunder your rights at the door in order to work here?:sad20:

you said earlier you take public transportation.. now you mentioned personal vehicle.. which one is it? :lol2:

I am in the same position, I am a civi that works on a military base. My workplace is a marked free fire zone. :mad54:

for both.. there is an option.. get a non military contract some place else besides in a miltary base. oh wait.. nevermind.. they have their own rules too about not able to carry. :innocent0

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    How is a person supposed to abide by a policy they are not allowed to read??:shrug:

Furthermore how is an employee supposed to abide by a policy they can't read, nor even know exists because you cant read it?:deal:

How does having secret company policies even make sense??:nono:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    How is a person supposed to abide by a policy they are not allowed to read??:shrug:

Furthermore how is an employee supposed to abide by a policy they can't read, nor even know exists because you cant read it?:deal:

How does having secret company policies even make sense??:nono:

what do you expect from gooberment facilities? you need to be a lawyer to read their office/employee manuals. :lol2:

jfox

Mar 27, 2012
    CCW Mailing a letter:

39 CFR 232
    (l) Weapons and explosives. No person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property, except for official purposes.

..So you can't even mail a letter in the outside drop box (on postal property) if you are CCW?

Can't even go for a walk and drop a letter in a box on their property?

Who wrote this law? Joseph Curran Jr.?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If the PO is in a strip mall or other public parking lot type of design, only the PO is considered Federal property.

paperwork351

no error code for stupid
    Mar 7, 2008
    Gaithersburg
    Years ago, I went to Ft. Meade for a IDPA type orientation at the range. Drivers license and car tag were recorded. Parked, went inside the station and presented the license. The firearm was not inspected. I think I pre-registered.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes , they can control your personal vehicle if you bring it onto their property , or use it while on the clock / oficial duties .

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Lawrence, why does an employer have to make accommodations for their employees to store their "self defense" weapons?

Sent from my phone from somewhere in the world.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IIRC, VA recently changed their laws to allow state and county govt employees to store firearms in their personal vehicles. But the law to compel private companies to do this failed.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Some states have it in their law that any place that bars the carry of firearms must provide a lockable storage acomadation for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom