WOW! smokeless powder, muzzloading, cap and ball revolver!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Great idea for the Brits, it's still a muzzle-loader using "loose" ammunition, i.e., not "fixed" metallic cartridges. Here, I'm not so sure it would sell well enough.

Novus, that Matchmaster revolver is totally wicked!

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Great idea for the Brits, it's still a muzzle-loader using "loose" ammunition, i.e., not "fixed" metallic cartridges. Here, I'm not so sure it would sell well enough.

Novus, that Matchmaster revolver is totally wicked!
    I doubt it would sell well enough here too, but I still want one :D

I think there is a small market for this gun in the US and maybe even Canada depending on how their antique laws apply. Might not be enough though. It would be nice to be able to just buy his cylinder.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Either this is new, or I never noticed it on his websight before:

The Taurus ML Revolver is converted from a Taurus .357 Magnum Long Barrelled Revolver. The cylinder is removed and a Yoke extension fitted, this contains the spring loaded plunger that frees the action when the yoke is closed. As this extension cannot be removed, it prevents the re-fitting of the original cylinder. The Barrel is shortened to approximately 5 ¼ inches and the wristbrace is removed.

A new cylinder is made which has pockets for shotgun primers at the rear with a small flash hole through into the chamber at the front. The chamber is made to accept .357” lead wadcutter bullets.

Each chamber is charged with Herco powder ( as per .38 S&W Spl data) and then the bullet is pressed in. Once the chambers are charged the shotgun primers are inserted into the primer pockets at the rear of the cylinder.
    http://westlakeengineering.com/14911.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom