I hope Dicks Sporting goods goes bankrupt!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I haven't shopped there since the first time they tried to commit business suicide. This won't make me want to shop there now.

Goodnight sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Dick's turns into royal dicks, likely against its best customers. Could find itself in bankruptcy before long. Since DSG is publicly traded, it mind find itself inundated with lawsuits if revenue, profit, and stock price do a nosedive.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Dont shop there much at all. I peruse, the new store in Ellicott City is clean. I may have bought a crossbow case from them on clearance, in the last few years, thats it. I go in but never really see anything I like. And if I do, get it from Amazon or Midway cheaper.

ETA: I was surprised that they opened a new store in Ellicott City. The one in Columbia does not seem to do well. I thought retail was dead.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Just sent an email to Mr Dick CEO telling him my boys and I would boycott his stores. I said does Kellogg's mean anything to you?

Morons caving to anti civil rights extremists deserve to go out of business.

That was a great opportunity to buy the stock during that press. I'll be waiting to snag some Dicks stock if their is a drop on this news. With Fedex and FFL transfers, I don't even know how Dicks can compete selling firearms at retail. Have to wonder a sports store that covers a multitude of sports, what operating costs are added offering firearms. Not much else in the store is a regulation headache, or a liability if stolen.

There are other Big box stores that specialize in firearms much greater than Dicks ever has.

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    "Stack said there were not enough systematic protections to prevent gun sales to people who are potential threats."

Based on that comment, shouldn't they suspend the sale of ALL guns and even archery equipment?

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    Makes sense. Their primary sales come from soccer moms who try to dress like theyre in their 20s and douchey lacrosse players.

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    I just looked on their site to see what was available. There's a link to AR-15 Accessories, but it leads to a 404 error. The interesting part is the actual URL ends with /msr-accessories. Someone used to get it.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Makes sense. Their primary sales come from soccer moms who try to dress like theyre in their 20s and douchey lacrosse players.

Those are spillover sales from Sports Authority going bust. While I wouldn't classify those folks as DSG's primary customer before now, they will have to be moving forward. That's a fickle crowd. Shallow. Zero loyalty. DSG is sealing its fate.

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    Dick's sale prices on ammo are WalMart's regular low prices. Much praise at Washington Post and New York Slimes today as if all those yuppie Millennial milquetoasts will make up the revenue Dick's will suffer from this poorly thought out decision.

I think the thing I will miss most about shopping at Dick's is getting behind the woman returning sixteen articles of clothing. I always appreciated that.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    def not my first stop for anything hunting and shooting related. was super bummed when they took over galyan's, twas a much better store.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Well i used to buy golf balls from them, but F them...they lost the last remaining business i was giving them.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    Dicks has always been “limp” when it comes to firearms in general. Here in my part of NC they don’t sell any handguns or modern sporting rifles anyway. Have bought some cleaning supplies and 22lr when the price was right but no more. Will email them and let them know why. As symantec has abandoned the NRA I have changed my Internet Security.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    Dicks has always been “limp” when it comes to firearms in general. Here in my part of NC they don’t sell any handguns or modern sporting rifles anyway. Have bought some cleaning supplies and 22lr when the price was right but no more. Will email them and let them know why. As symantec has abandoned the NRA I have changed my Internet Security.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Great observation. I've been to Cabelas in Gainesville a couple times, and it indeed appears a male dominated clientele, while at Dicks I do see lots of Mom's buying their kids sports equipment and clothes. Soccer Moms are great marks in a sports store, they just buy things w/o knowing or caring value and just pay the price.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Dicks return sucks

Dicks vs retail index. Dicks returns sucks dicks.

If you invested in dicks, your portfolio would see a lot of shrinkage over the last 3 years.

Attachments

• DKS.jpg
      DKS.jpg
      51.7 KB · Views: 290

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads