• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Finishing up a Glock 17 80%

Thoughts on basic sights? Non-adjustable and what height for the rear? Or go with one that is adjustable?

I typically prefer a 6 o’clock hold with irons and prefer a 25yd zero. If it helps I’d care more about 124gr hollow point being zeroed over FMJ or heavier/lighter loadings.

Thanks!

Edit: oh and no other glocks (or real handguns for that matter, I have an AR pistol and I’ve shot a number of handguns)

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    all my glocks have warren - sevigny competition's on them. wide rear notch and fiber optic front, allows for fast target acquisition. dawsonprecision.com has a sight finder thingie that helps you pick front sight height.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    all my glocks have warren - sevigny competition's on them. wide rear notch and fiber optic front, allows for fast target acquisition. dawsonprecision.com has a sight finder thingie that helps you pick front sight height.

Plus one on the Warren-Sevigny but I run "carry" versions since.

They are very nice and a high quality product.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    I ordered a set of the Ameriglo Agent (FBI) sights from Brownells. On sale with free shipping and $10 off for $75. I don’t have them yet but they’ll be delivered Saturday.

DevinRPD

May 3, 2017
    Talbot
    sight thickness, unexpectedly, plays a huge part in accuracy and acquisition for me

Ive had both and find it easier to line things up when the front sight is more thin

just something to consider

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Picked up some Ameriglo Hackathorn sights for my P80 build.

61do1TMJauL._SY355_.jpg

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    If you can't or don't want to afford the good aftermarket sights now, adding the adjustable Glock rear to the stock front will tide you over until you decide what you really want.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I've been extremely happy with Vickers elite /Wilson, plain rear, FO front for a shooter, ameriglo .240proglo front if you might use it defensively. I like tall sights, the trapezoid shape helps guide your eye in line, the tall skinny front is quick and precise, and the U- otch cups a big FO or tritium insert to shoot fast.

Adenosine

Sep 20, 2016
    I like the Taran Tactical set. Black rear, fiber front. Comes with both green and red fiber. Fiber is very thin, which helps if you're going to be running it at 25 yards. Goes in and out of stock on a pretty regular basis, but I have three sets and would have bought a fourth if I didn't have a red dot that needs a home.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    I like the Taran Tactical set. Black rear, fiber front. Comes with both green and red fiber. Fiber is very thin, which helps if you're going to be running it at 25 yards. Goes in and out of stock on a pretty regular basis, but I have three sets and would have bought a fourth if I didn't have a red dot that needs a home.

I just checked them out on TTs site. They do look like they would good for precision shooting. The .130 front on the AmeriGlo is small enough for my old eyes though.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Not thug enough. I shoot my nines upside down. I need a sight on the mag base plate.

Ordered a set of used stock G17 sights for $10. Can’t make up my mind so going cheap and stock and I’ll figure out exactly what height I need/want later as well as style.

I also ordered a slide completion kit from optics planet and then noticed a week later they are saying 9-20 days (still) till it ships.

Nope. Cancelled it and ordered from Aim Surplus instead. So it’ll be another week before I can finish the build. Slide and guide rod and spring fit well. Waiting to do the lower assembly for when the slide parts show to do all of the fitment together.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Optics planet metal 3 dot sights. I think they are less than $45. Pretty basic and still a major upgrade from OEM plastic sights from Glock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom