• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    9mm, G17 mags, TRS-25 set to co-witness with the 'irons', folding foregrip, flash hider, tacticool operating handle cover and bolt tube cover, ATI recoil pad. Shoots everything I've fed it so far with only two stovepipes in the first 50 rounds (new gun and bad ammo). No issues at all since then.

I got a marked improvement in the trigger with a detailed polish job on the appropriate surfaces. Very happy with this, so I don't see a need for the trigger spring upgrade yet. I did upgrade the screws and studs in the grip.

Sand down the top of the pic rail where the red dot mounts on top or the optic will not hold zero (the polymer rail is not flat). I store the red dot on the bottom rail so it can all fold up nicely. With the QR mount on the red dot, swapping it around is quick and easy, and it holds center very nicely. I also modified the rear sight so it won't automatically open when the gun is unfolded. If I need 'irons' I flip it up. Don't see a need for the $45 sight upgrade.

Package fits nicely inside a nondescript Elite Survival Systems large pistol case with room for 3 happy sticks in the pocket.

VERY nice. your camo job is what I would like to add to mine.

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    Thanks! I looked for the bag you referred to but couldn't find one on their site. Which one of those did you use?

Elite Survival Systems Pistol Case Model P20SB. (This may have been discontinued by elite survival, but should be out there in the ether somewhere.)
    MSRP $30
    elitesurvival.com

Alt:
    Voodoo Tactical 20-0098 Enlarged Pistol Case.
    MSRP $30
    Has mag pouches.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Elite Survival Systems Pistol Case Model P20SB. (This may have been discontinued by elite survival, but should be out there in the ether somewhere.)
    MSRP $30
    elitesurvival.com

Alt:
    Voodoo Tactical 20-0098 Enlarged Pistol Case.
    MSRP $30
    Has mag pouches.

I am using the voodoo bag for mine. it's perfect size just a little too tactical to be discreet with the mag pouches on the outside.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    So after all this now I want one. I have plans to buy a Glock 34 with MOS and would like to know what a fair price for one that takes glock magazines in 9mm would be? And in your personal opinion wouldn't pay more then for one?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    G34 takes the same magazines as G17 and even the 33rd mags for the G18.

For total flexibility, look for a Kel-Tec Sub2000 that is made for Glock 19 mags.
    Grip is a bit shorter, but you get the benefit of using magazines for the G17, 19, and 18.

Magpul Glock mags seem to have gotten really good and I'd trust them as much as factory mags at this point.

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    G34 takes the same magazines as G17 and even the 33rd mags for the G18.

For total flexibility, look for a Kel-Tec Sub2000 that is made for Glock 19 mags.
    Grip is a bit shorter, but you get the benefit of using magazines for the G17, 19, and 18.

Magpul Glock mags seem to have gotten really good and I'd trust them as much as factory mags at this point.

If possible, try to hold the G19 S2K before you buy. The grip is very short. IMO the G17 S2K grip is about the same length as the G19 pistol. I think the G19 S2K grip is closer to the G26 pistol grip length.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If possible, try to hold the G19 S2K before you buy. The grip is very short. IMO the G17 S2K grip is about the same length as the G19 pistol. I think the G19 S2K grip is closer to the G26 pistol grip length.

This is true!

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Thank you guys yeah planning on buying gun in hand hopefully at one of the upcoming gun shows there will be some to handle and hopefully be priced to sell. From what I can tell they run in the $400-450 range with the deals being $350+.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Thank you guys yeah planning on buying gun in hand hopefully at one of the upcoming gun shows there will be some to handle and hopefully be priced to sell. From what I can tell they run in the $400-450 range with the deals being $350+.

Baltimore's Best Pawn has one hanging on the wall. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom