• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I normally get up early on Saturday morning and go shoot my bow. Yesterday was one of the times that I couldn't shoot in the morning because of family stuff. The wife and kids had stuff they wanted to do so I had to not go shoot. Well around 2 pm, all the flowers were bought and placed out front, all the pumpkins were readied for carving, kids and wife fed, and kids put down for a nap. I told the wife I was going to run up real quick and shoot my bow. I totally forgot AGAIN about the youth league starting at 2 pm so I figured I would shoot on the side they weren't using. Well there was one guy there, one of the parents, so I was going to wait for a bit then shoot after him. Figured I listen to the kids shoot, it really is a blast to listen and watch young people learning something new. Well dad gets done and I setup to shoot. I shoot 2 rounds with the half dozen arrows the kids got me, then was going to shoot 2 rounds with the older half dozen arrows. Well on the fourth arrow I hear a weird sound and think CRAP I just fvcked up another arrow(I have had almost all of my original dozen refletched a few times due to shooting off the vanes). This sounded a little different though so I wasn't sure what I had just done. I shoot the last 2 then start down range. As I get closer I can't figure out why my arrow looks totally wrong then it hits me. I walked up on this arrow sticking out of the target.

It was a pretty good shot, stayed in the shaft for almost half the arrow.

After this, I packed it up and came on home. I thought this was a good way to end the session. I'm just a little upset that I didn't think to take a pic or two while it was still in the target, only thought about it after getting home.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    the first time you do it you think its awesome. The following times your response will be "crap, that's another $15"

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    the first time you do it you think its awesome. The following times your response will be "crap, that's another $15"

THIS x100! This is the fourth time I've done it, but really the first true robinhood. The first three just went in a little and broke the shaft completely just after the nock or the fletching. This is the first that stayed in the tube for the entire ride.

Vandy

Feb 27, 2007
    Churchton, MD

This. Only for me, it was awesome until I got home and then realized how much it cost me to do. I now only shoot one arrow groups inside of 30 yards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom