Votes: 132 96.4%

• Total voters

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    i just moved from DC to MD so i could buy handguns

I forget if I asked you this yet in the other thread, but do you have a C&R FFL yet?

Also, for anyone living in DC, a C&R FFL is a good way to get C&R handguns in DC without having to pay the $125 transfer fee the one FFL charges.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I was at MSAR last Saturday, and had to wait 30 minutes to get help because of the large number of DC residents buying handguns. I witnessed at least 6 DC residents complete the paperwork and pay for a handgun, but I'm sure there were a lot more. That is a good sign, and I hope the residents of the District arm themselves to the teeth.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Yo! You go in my backyard and don't invite??:D:D Seriously though, give a shout out the next time you head this way Mark and I can try to hook up.:party29:
    Last time we shot at Myrtle Grove I met up with Guthook (again :)) there. SUre, it is great meeting up with you SMIBs :lol2:

But seriously, next time I head down there I will make sure you and maybe other SOMD members know. :thumbsup:

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    Last time we shot at Myrtle Grove I met up with Guthook (again :)) there. SUre, it is great meeting up with you SMIBs :lol2:

But seriously, next time I head down there I will make sure you and maybe other SOMD members know. :thumbsup:

I just Finally met guthook the other day. Good guy. We stopped by the new local gun shop, Accurate Guns and Ammo. We are finally coming into the 21tst century down here. :innocent0 I actually have indoor plumbing!:rasp:

A36driver

Mar 31, 2009
    Washington, DC
    By the way, handgun carry permits are possible on paper at least because DC is "may issue". If you are Rosie Odonnel, then you or your body guards might be able to get one.
    Thanks for both of these. DC's "may issue," huh? Given how tight they are about even driving your gun to the range (in your trunk, in a locked case, unloaded, etc., etc.), I can't imagine them giving out carry permits. I'll ask the next time I visit the police ... I'm looking at buying and registering a pump shotgun. I assume I can bring that home from Atlantic Guns without going through the FFL the way I had to do with the Glock, but I guess I'm gonna find out.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Thanks for both of these. DC's "may issue," huh? Given how tight they are about even driving your gun to the range (in your trunk, in a locked case, unloaded, etc., etc.), I can't imagine them giving out carry permits. I'll ask the next time I visit the police ... I'm looking at buying and registering a pump shotgun. I assume I can bring that home from Atlantic Guns without going through the FFL the way I had to do with the Glock, but I guess I'm gonna find out.
    I asked the sergeant of the firearms section about how many people had a handgun carry permit. He only remembers there being just one ever. YOu have to ask teh chief of police for the permit, there is no form or application from what I understand.
    About buying your pump shotgun, you do not have to go through the DC FFL for the long gun purchase and you can bring it home from the MD FFL, but you have to get pre-approval from the DC police first.
    THey lay out the registration process on their websight now.
    http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1237,q,566982.asp
    http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1237,q,547431,mpdcNav_GID,1523,mpdcNav,|.asp

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I forget if I asked you this yet in the other thread, but do you have a C&R FFL yet?

Also, for anyone living in DC, a C&R FFL is a good way to get C&R handguns in DC without having to pay the $125 transfer fee the one FFL charges.
    Bump

I just sent my C&R off today because I thought it would be cool to have and the discounts. No other reasons really.

I have been procrastination buying any handguns because I fundamentally do not agree with the DC policy not to include MD or VA FFLs on their roster thereby creating a monopoly for Sikes.

THEN the penny dropped this afternoon while reading one your earlier posts. If I had a C&R the problem is resolved! All I have to do now is write my shopping list and wait. I do not know why I did not figure this out earlier, I have been thinking about a way around the fee for years.:rolleyes: Your post saved me $100s of dollars! Thanks.:party29:

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    How can I purchase a C&R (pistol) from a DC resident? How do I do the actual transfer? I am sure that they have restrictions on mailing; is a face to face OK or am I putting myself in a bad position transporting it out of DC from the point of transfer? Can't transfer in MD because then it is a regulated transfer that has to go through the MSP...

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    How can I purchase a C&R (pistol) from a DC resident? How do I do the actual transfer? I am sure that they have restrictions on mailing; is a face to face OK or am I putting myself in a bad position transporting it out of DC from the point of transfer? Can't transfer in MD because then it is a regulated transfer that has to go through the MSP...

Meet them in Northern VA for lunch, That is if you have your C&R. From your question I assume you do. Make sure to get a copy of their drivers lic or gov issued photo ID with address for your records. Mdeng

cobracutter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 6, 2009
    Dont live in DC, but work here. Take the Train/metro everyday. Everything about this city contributes to my loss of faith in humanity. Every problem our country has, is exemplified in this forsaken city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom