• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    Well...made my Can purchase today, will drop off for CLEO this week...we shall see how this goes...first time around the NFA block..

Sent from my rewired speak and spell

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Well...made my Can purchase today, will drop off for CLEO this week...we shall see how this goes...first time around the NFA block..

If you plan on other purchases, you may want to look into a trust. It will considerably cut your wait, but even better, make the process easier.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    I am considering it, I have a lower I want to SBR next..A-1 had such a good deal on the AAC I jumped quick before it disappeared and I changed my mind about going through the process in the first place

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Is there a trick to loading the ATF eForms page? I can load atfonline.gov just fine, but clicking eForms is SO hit or miss. And by that I mean miss; I have actually managed to register now...but login gives me an exception.

Code:
    Unexpected error during login (LoginException), please consult logs for detail

That's in Chrome. In IE11 I can't even click "Login". Goodness...

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Is there a trick to loading the ATF eForms page? I can load atfonline.gov just fine, but clicking eForms is SO hit or miss. And by that I mean miss; I have actually managed to register now...but login gives me an exception.

Code:

The E-File site is constantly crashing. Your best bet, try doing it in the middle of the night.

cougar7890

Oct 2, 2008
    Received my SBR lower stamps today:

Check cashed: 5/23/2013
    Pending: 7/24/2013
    Approved: 3/10/2014
    picked up: 3/17/2014

two more to go but will have to wait for a couple more months. both of them went pending in Sept.

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Positive.

Haven't seen you around recently. How's your new sparrow been treating you?
    Been a little busy. Recently, some drunkass old lady drove her car into one of mine when it was parked on the street, then backed up into my neighbors' car, across their lawn and into their garden gate/wall. Trying to deal with insurance co and all.

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed in the Sparrow. It's not as quiet as I'd hoped. Even with subsonic Gemtechs it's pretty loud. Not sure if the host weapon (M&P22) is to blame. I may try it out on my 15-22.

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    good and bad news

well on the good side I received my HQL today.. filed it March 6th........ I was so excited that I thought i'd call and see where I was at with my C&R license....i was advised it was taken 60 to 90 days to process now.. WTH

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD

Code:

That's in Chrome. In IE11 I can't even click "Login". Goodness...

The E-File site is constantly crashing. Your best bet, try doing it in the middle of the night.

That and it's pretty finicky with which browsers you use.

Firefox 27 seems to work well for me.

GasTerp09

Major League Gas Passer
    Dec 3, 2011
    Towson, MD
    Received tax stamp today for SBR, and also received call that my suppressor stamp arrived today. Checks cashed June 4th and 7th respectively, went pending July 13th and 25th. Inspector was Daniel Parasky (?) Looks like Pareg. Both filed with a trust from Rusty.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    That and it's pretty finicky with which browsers you use.

Firefox 27 seems to work well for me.

If I can get the website to load, across the three browsers I'm using, I always fail to login either due to the above exception or a server timeout. Ridiculous - I should have just bought an SBR instead of trying to make one.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Been a little busy. Recently, some drunkass old lady drove her car into one of mine when it was parked on the street, then backed up into my neighbors' car, across their lawn and into their garden gate/wall. Trying to deal with insurance co and all.

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed in the Sparrow. It's not as quiet as I'd hoped. Even with subsonic Gemtechs it's pretty loud. Not sure if the host weapon (M&P22) is to blame. I may try it out on my 15-22.

Sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the Sparrow... the can does have FRP, but I never thought the overall sound was that bad. Play around with your ammo selection. It's not just about velocity. For me, different ammo is better for different guns... Here's something to noodle: Primer-only .22LR makes more noise through the Sparrow than standard velocity ammo! When I noticed that, someone explained to me that suppressors have a sweet spot at a certain pressure and gas volume... below or above that they still work, but lose efficiency. FWIW, on my 22/45, I like the 40gr Federal Gold Medal Match the best. In any case, hopefully you will like it with a rifle better.

On a slightly related note: If you still have any, how would you like to trade a box (50rds) of your 42gr Gemtech subsonic for a box of American Eagle .22LR 45gr Suppressor Subsonic... I'm very interested in comparing the two. Let me know. Thanks.

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    On a slightly related note: If you still have any, how would you like to trade a box (50rds) of your 42gr Gemtech subsonic for a box of American Eagle .22LR 45gr Suppressor Subsonic... I'm very interested in comparing the two. Let me know. Thanks.
    Sure, I'd be up for a trade. Still have most of the brick, so I can swap a 50-rd box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom