• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I had no restrictions ordering ammo. will be delivered today 9mm ammo from ammunitiontogo dot com

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    If you're going to run anywhere it helps immensely to have a "Rabbi" (sponsor) in the Central Committee or similar to guide and mentor you.

The Bowie City Council might be a good entry point. There's a not too bright RINO in my district that could become vulnerable next time around.

I looked into the requirements for federal government and I have to be 25 I haven’t yet had a chance to look into state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MD Shooter Envy

Nov 18, 2018
    Towson
    Did something recently go into effect ? I just tried to order on OpticsPlanet and this is what I got? Never had issues receiving ammo before..

OpticsPlanet does not currently support sales of ammunition to a number of locations, including, but not limited to, the following:

Alaska
    California
    Connecticut
    Hawaii
    Illinois
    Maryland
    Massachusetts
    New Jersey
    New York
    Washington, D.C
    P.O. Boxes; U.S. Territories
    Montgomery county and the city of Annapolis have ammo restrictions for delivery. Some websites just broadly list the state when there are jurisdictional restrictions.

RedRider48

Jun 11, 2020
    Severna Park, MD
    I have a half a brain to contact them and ask why the restrictions. I've ordered from a number of the other vendors mentioned with no problems too.
    Yeah, a restriction on ammo sales would be a disaster. I guess we'd have to go back to slinging stones. LOL!

BergaraDan

Apr 19, 2019
    Yea, I'm pretty much done with these guys. Ammo.com is great to deal with, but like everywhere else finding stuff that's in stock is hit or miss

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Montgomery county and the city of Annapolis have ammo restrictions for delivery. Some websites just broadly list the state when there are jurisdictional restrictions.

NO! Those restrictions were nullified by Maryland‘s state level preemption law they have been struck down by the courts and no longer actually exist.

But even with citation of the court cases there are companies that are just too afraid to ship to anywhere in Maryland because of those historical problems.

There is nothing that stops any company from arbitrarily refusing to do business with people anywhere they choose.

Chiefscs

Sep 27, 2017
    SoMd
    I usually get my bulk from ANGELFIRE for target practice but they are not shipping right now due to demand. GRABAGUN is also my go-to -- I believe it is $12.99 shipping for as much as you can order.

gwfrench

Aug 21, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    Montgomery County's law is still on the books, just with a footnote that it is preempted by state law. If maryland ever ends state
    preemption of firearm laws, the county law requiring allowing only face-to-face transfers would go back into effect.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Montgomery County's law is still on the books, just with a footnote that it is preempted by state law. If maryland ever ends state
    preemption of firearm laws, the county law requiring allowing only face-to-face transfers would go back into effect.
    I can tell you that if the state ever ends pre-emption, some of the most draconian AWBs you could ever think of would be immediately instituted by MoCo, PG, Baltimore City, etc. Would probably be the final straw to get me out of this state.

Chowda69

Apr 5, 2012
    Maryland (ugh)
    I tossed Optics Planet aside a long time ago. They seem to run a scam where as they sell you a product at a slightly lower cost than other vendors, but then you gotta wait 6 months to get it. They dont actually have anything in stock. They then created DVOR, the daily products email company that did the same thing, offered you stuff at a lower price, but good luck seeing it for months.

tkummer23

Feb 8, 2017
    Ammo in Maryland

Well if you find some...good for you! Palmetto State Armory has some but they will not ship to MD either

10mmAuto

Feb 22, 2013
    Throwing this out for anyone who is interested: GunBot.net http://www.gunbot.net

Lets you search ammo by caliber, it lists the fairly current prices and sellers of ammo. In-stock flag has been pretty reliable. Links take you to the sellers site. Has other features too -- I've found it to be helpful.

Note -- it doesn't filter out sellers who don't sell-to/deliver to specific states, but its good for comparing prices.

gem357

MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2013
    SoHoCo
    My goto ammo suppliers are LuckyGunner and SGAmmo. When I received an order with some corrosion on the brass, LuckyGunner immediately replaced it, no questions asked.

ralph.mclean

GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)
    Jan 27, 2018
    Edgewater, MD
    Adding a Couple

No Optic's Planet is just being stupid.

Here is a list of the companies I have ordered from that will ship ammo to Maryland. I know there are a lot more.

Target Sports USA
    Brownells
    Palmetto State Armory
    Underwood Ammo

Add These:
    Classic Firearms
    Ammoman.com
    Natchez Shooters Supply
    Midsouth Shooters Supply

I usually don't buy from Optics Planet....

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Well if you find some...good for you! Palmetto State Armory has some but they will not ship to MD either

Don't know what you are doing wrong, got this from Palmetto State Armory just minutes ago. I think if it had 2 more rounds in it, it would have been over weight for UPS.

Maybe they don't like you :lol2:

Attachments

• Palmetto.jpg
      Palmetto.jpg
      123 KB · Views: 792

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit