• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    You could always call Fulton Armory and see if they could grind one out for you in time....I think last I heard they were only 1-2 week wait. Nice bang sticks!

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    So, which ammo should I avoid?

I've met a few folks that are shooting Wolf polymer coated steel casing with no issues.

Personally I would avoid the laquer coated steel...I've heard of bad stuff/jamming issues when it gets hot.

Armory has green tip Lake City(?) as I recall in 1k boxes loose for 350?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Yikes...$.35 a round for 5.56? If it's really Lake City, the brass might make it worth it.

For that kind of money, we'd be better off ordering a group buy from Georgia Arms and getting the free shipping.

$.24 a round right now.....

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Yikes...$.35 a round for 5.56? If it's really Lake City, the brass might make it worth it.

For that kind of money, we'd be better off ordering a group buy from Georgia Arms and getting the free shipping.

$.24 a round right now.....

I'm searching for ammo and I'm having a very hard time finding anything in stock at a decent price. I'm half scared of the Wolf after some of the posts I've been reading here.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'm searching for ammo and I'm having a very hard time finding anything in stock at a decent price. I'm half scared of the Wolf after some of the posts I've been reading here.

The Wolf is probably OK. I just prefer not to use it in my AR.

The stuff that jpk1md posted from Ammunition to Go is not badly priced in today's market.

Sometimes Basspro has the Q3131 in stock for around $.30/round. I think they have some Remington over there now for that price.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I really like the Spectrum PCA stuff....It was deadly accurate and cheap. When I could find it, it was a measly $2.99 per 20.

But of course I can't find anybody that carries it now. :mad54:
    Luckily I still have a bunch of it. Every time I went near Bass Pro I would buy a few boxes.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I bought ammo at Gander Mtn in Salisbury. I think it was "American" or something like that. Brass and seemed to be good quality. I had no problems with it. Paid $19.99 for a 50 rd box.

I agree that I would not use Wolf ammo in an AR. It's fine for my AK and SKS, but an AR is too expensive to risk it with non-brass ammo.

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village

Wolf is notoriously underloaded, and I've seen ejectors rip the rim right off, the rest of the casing wasn't lodged in the chamber when I saw it (it stovepipe) but I've heard that can happen (that said being weak steel is probably a good thing for your chamber, especially in an aluminum AR). Mostly though I avoid it because one squibbed in my Mini-14 and had I not noticed something was wrong my friend could have blown up my rifle and his face.

I love wolf 7.62, but I don't shoot anything else they make.

Oh, and buying the lower and upper separately is the only way to get a cheap AR, I got an upper off of a friend for dirt cheap, the whole gun is coming together for well under 500 bucks.

Last edited:

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    I gave them a call and they didn't have any in stock.
    I had to order the NMs. It took around 4 months to get! RRA is Busy! When I made the pick-up he had a good number of Carbines in Stock. With a chance of a AW Ban here I believe that forced a Panic Buy! Racks were emptied!

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    was just up at The Gun Rack. they had quite a few bushmasters foar $1039 mainy with HBAR with tags that said no wait. They also had a bushmaster ORC for about $900 and some Olympic Arms both .30 carbine and .223 from $890 to about $1000.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    was just up at The Gun Rack. they had quite a few bushmasters foar $1039 mainy with HBAR with tags that said no wait. They also had a bushmaster ORC for about $900 and some Olympic Arms both .30 carbine and .223 from $890 to about $1000.

That's a pretty fair price on the Bushies......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom