• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Since we are getting our finger prints done here, do we pay the finger print fee?

Yes, the $42.00 is for future assimilation purposes.:D

Seriously, you pay $10-15.00 for the police to take your prints here and the $42.00 is for them to do your background check I believe.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Thanks, thats what I figured. Sent in for the application today.

I take it there is a card that comes with the application packet that the fingerprinting is done on, and any MSP barracks can do this? County police station?

I was reading through 790 online today, I love the part where it talks about how registration is NOT a law enforcement tool! Should print that out and send it to our turds.

t3tech

Oct 15, 2007
    Elkton
    Thanks, thats what I figured. Sent in for the application today.

I take it there is a card that comes with the application packet that the fingerprinting is done on, and any MSP barracks can do this? County police station?

I was reading through 790 online today, I love the part where it talks about how registration is NOT a law enforcement tool! Should print that out and send it to our turds.

The packet includes a fingerprinting card. I still haven't got around to being printed. I would think any police station could do it. I went to a DE State barracks for printing years ago for the required BG check to work in a school district. I'll probably go to the DSP myself just out of convenience. On second thought, maybe I should make it a point to go to the Sherriff's dept.

I think 790.335 should be adopted nationwide. 776 is pretty cool too. :lol:

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    In Baltimore County you can only get fingerprinted on Saturday at the headquarters in Towson and the Belair barracks of the MSP only does it on Tuesday and another day between certain hours iirc. The MSP have fingerprint cards at every barracks that they give out for free, make sure you read the instructions first on how to fill it out.

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    I've had mine taken at both the MSP barracks in Bel Air and at the Sherriffs HQ in Belair. MSP only does it two days a week, but they are less expensive. Sheriffs office does it everyday but cost more. The packet from FLA does contain the required cards.

When I had my prints done at the Sherriffs office, I already had my MD permit. I had been carrying that day, but elected not to carry into the Sherriffs office (Gov't building = illegal to carry). While there, I explained that I had a permit and had left my weapon in the car (I was wearing an empty holster). The deputy who was taking my prints had this "good ole boy" attitude. "Ah you could've brought it in, I'm sure we have some secure storage around here." Like it was no big deal and happens all the time. Go figure.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    You guys needing print work. . . if you just stop by ANY MSP barracks and ask, they have a list that they pass out that has about 12 places, replete with dates and times the booking officers (who are the ones certified do do the prints) are available. It's really not too hard to get it done, and some places are even open on Saturday. There is a commercial print center in Ellicott City that has VERY flexible hours. . . .

Regarding the "non-resident" being printed on, or not being printed on the CCW . . . I got my first FL CCW in March of '01 and it DID NOT say "non-resident". I got my five-year renewal done in March of last year, and STILL did not say "non-resident".

All this is academic anyway (meaningless), because your physical address is right on the card, and anyone with an IQ exceeding about "5" can work out in a very few minutes whether your state of record does or does not match the card's issuing state. Shucks. . . it's not rocket surgery, and it only matters in a few states anyway.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Can I use the cards from MSP barracks for the FL application? I would like to get going on this so I can turn it around quick.

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    No Each department has their own "ORI" number (routing number) which is printed on the card, now if you find a blank card somehow you can call FL and ask for their ORI number and address that is supposed to be on the card. I lost my card and I had to hunt all over the place around here for some blank cards.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    No Each department has their own "ORI" number (routing number) which is printed on the card, now if you find a blank card somehow you can call FL and ask for their ORI number and address that is supposed to be on the card. I lost my card and I had to hunt all over the place around here for some blank cards.

The cards I got at the MSP barracks in Belair were blank.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Note: It has come to the attention of the Office of Attorney General that there has been confusion over the applicability of Pennsylvania's reciprocal privileges with regard to the residency status of an individual who has been issued a valid license/permit. It is the position of the Office of Attorney General that recognition within Pennsylvania is based on the issuance to an individual of a valid license/permit by the reciprocal contracting state, and not on the license/permit holder's place of residence.
    http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184

Not that 3rdRCn's site isn't a good one for a general idea, but, just like the old Packing.Org site, they are NOT accountable for any outdated or incorrect information and YOU are responsible to know the law where you go, and "official sources" are your only safe source.

If you use Florida's CCW reciprocity site, it will link you to pertinent info at any state with which they have an agreement:http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html

skinnyp

Dec 15, 2007
    Eastern Shore
    I've been reading through this thread and have a question. So you guys from Maryland are getting permits from Fl as non residents? I was looking and Md doesn't accept Fl permits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom