• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    https://www.militarytimes.com/off-d...car-up-for-auction-previous-owner-gen-patton/

(the) Dodge WC-57 Command Car, will be up for auction in Auburn, Indiana, on June 13.

The Command Car, a line of military vehicles manufactured between 1942 and 1945 and the predecessor of the post-war Dodge Power Wagon, would have been a noteworthy item in its own right. This one, however, was personally used during World War II by Gen. George S. Patton.

Patton’s 4x4 Command Car, which was part of the 3rd Army headquarters’ motorpool, was built in 1944 with a series of modifications to suit the general’s preferences, according to the host company, Worldwide Auctioneers.

Attachments

• YK46FY6R7BBITNT2IGYH3UPKIA.jpg
      YK46FY6R7BBITNT2IGYH3UPKIA.jpg
      45 KB · Views: 618

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Very cool! Should be interesting to see what it brings and how long it will take to show up at one of the Mecum auctions.

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    I think that's great piece of history and it appears to have been assigned to Patton's motor pool, very likely it was used by Patton but no proof of that is really definitive. The papers on the auction site leaves some question about it to me.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Looks wrong....only three stars.

For the vast majority of the time he commanded the third army he was a 3 star... he was only awarded the 4th about 3 weeks before Germany surrendered.

Maybe he was using a different vehicle by that time, or this is how they chose to restore it. :shrug:

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    there is actually no provenience for this one....yet. It's association with Patton is only a guess at this point.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    there is actually no provenience for this one....yet. It's association with Patton is only a guess at this point.

Didn't the one in the museum come from France some time after the war and has something a 38 or 39 front end on it?
    I cant remember if the front end was swapped before or after arrival to the museum.
    I thought I read some time ago the one there was just a Staff car and couldn't be linked to Patton for sure but a good representative example none the less.

Anyway the same material went on about Patton's driver then how Patton himself stopped the investigation and then into the conspiracy theories behind the whole incident dismissing them more or less.

He was going hunting.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    apparantly when he had it built it was extensively photo documented and had some unique modifications (floor cut out and replaced to up armor and some other things). curious why they have not verified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom