• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swollseyba

Jun 28, 2016
    Hello All,

This is my 1st post, so forgive me if this has been covered recently or if I am posting this in the wrong place.

Anyone submit for HQL lately? I saw on a previous post here (probably a few years old) that most people were approved in less than 72 hours.

I am prior reserve (technically still in reserves) however my military ID has expired. I was faced with getting a new ID or submitting fingerprints and a DD-214 and/or hunters safety card info.

I don't have a DD214 since I am technically still a reservist (not actively drilling)

Had to dig up hunters safety info...submitted everything on the 15th.

I emailed the MSP yesterday to see what the probable wait time would be.

They promptly replied and said they lawfully had 30 days to process my request and would take the entire 30 days allowed to do so.

Anyone else having a similar experience?

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Mine took just about that amount of time to process. No card yet (about 6 days since approval) but I checked online and I am now a certified firearm purchasing capable Marylandese, good for ten years. Count an extra week or so for the card to get to you.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Don't know how true, but the rumor was they do a print run once a month.
    I know in 2014 think it was sept or oct. I did my app online on a Friday or Saturday, did my livescan on Monday, and had the HQL in the mail that Friday, so less than a week.

nmyers

Jul 9, 2016
    A friend got his a month ago; it took 2 weeks. For the past year, MSP has been detailing people to the license processing section periodically. So, it seems that occasionally they run a back log.

Strangely, 2 friends who have "unreadable prints" were notified that they needed to return to the fingerprint place & re-do their prints (& have to pay an additional $10 fee). Both waited, & got their HQL's in the mail 1-2 weeks later. Apparently even MSP can sometimes do the reasonable thing.

Neal

"We're not blind, & I don't think we're stupid." --- John Kerry

swollseyba

Jun 28, 2016
    sonuvaaaa

the checklist still says unchecked for everything other than the application fee and DHMH.

Today is just past the 2 week mark for my official submission date.
    All I can do it wait. Hopefully no new bans will pop up in the meantime.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I'd say you've got another 6 days before anything else gets comp'd. I've still got 3 things left. They've been that way for like four days now. I'm at like 20+ days.

Boneuphtoner

Feb 8, 2016
    MoCo
    I know it is tough to do, but have faith that it will get done. My was approved 29 days after submission, and I received 5 days after approval.

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Just got my HQL in mail yesterday,

Application 07/25/16 Active 08/20/16 received in mail 08/26/16 total 32 days oh and now for the 7 day wait after a purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom