• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    It is relatively easy to locate used Glock mags for around $15. The Korean imitation Glock mags (metal lined) can be found online for under $10.

Hard to go non metal lined with those options available. I usually go used or new factory rather than after market. The used ones always work perfect for me.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I've purchased used factory Glock mags for $10 at shows, got some LE Trade mags for my G30 with the pearce extensions for $15 shipped from Recoil Gunworks.

That said the Magpul mags are great and reasonably priced, can't go wrong with them.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    I've run a few hundred rounds down my G17 with magpul mags. they have functioned equally to my all purchased new glock magazines. no back of magazine cartridge indicator holes are not ideal, however there is the "mag is full" slot on the sides so you know to stop trying to cram in 1 more round. I load all my mags with a maglula ease of loading is equal to the glock magazine.

there is slightly more friction on the feed lips with the polymer, but it is not excessive in anyway. the magpul mags are also infinitely easier to disassemble than the glock magazines (I hate taking those apart)

DYI01

Jan 8, 2015
    I use Magpul Glock mags for strictly training and range time. They have been pretty much flawless for me so far. I am doing a two day class at the end of the month and I am running my Glock 19 and Walther PPQ, so I should get at least about 400 hard rounds through the Pmags then.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have used the Korean mags for both my G17 and G19 for a couple of years. Never had a problem. If I were to EDC, I would probably go with factory mags.
    I can't tell you how many Glock mags I saw at the Oaks show. Actually I can't tell you how many mags I saw there. If you ever get a chance to go to the Extravaganza show, you have to make the time and go. I could have spent $1000 just in mags if I wanted to.

For the money, a factory mag is probably the best bet, but I wouldn't walk away from a great deal for the Korean mags.

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom