• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brentC

Jun 14, 2020
    Hello All,

New to the forum. First post here. I am looking at purchasing a custom AR-9 (pistol) already complete. Looking to purchase from 2ARTactical. I know they have to send to an FFL; and I know I am required to have HQL and 77r filled out. My question is are any of these guns legal in MD? I checked the handgun list, and non of them are on the list; but then again none of the AR9s on the site I want to order from have any branded names. I am just concerned if I order them, I won’t be able to acquire it at my FFL. Need some advice. I was going to just buy a CMMG 300 in 9mm (I know it’s MD legal) and just install an echo trigger; but I figured I would try to buy a custom build. Thanks in advance!

Below is a link of the pistol for better clarification.

http://shop.2artactical.com/custom-...ol-with-the-fostech-echo-arii-trigger-2165848

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Hello All,

New to the forum. First post here. I am looking at purchasing a custom AR-9 (pistol) already complete. Looking to purchase from 2ARTactical. I know they have to send to an FFL; and I know I am required to have HQL and 77r filled out. My question is are any of these guns legal in MD? I checked the handgun list, and non of them are on the list; but then again none of the AR9s on the site I want to order from have any branded names. I am just concerned if I order them, I won’t be able to acquire it at my FFL. Need some advice. I was going to just buy a CMMG 300 in 9mm (I know it’s MD legal) and just install an echo trigger; but I figured I would try to buy a custom build. Thanks in advance!

Below is a link of the pistol for better clarification.

http://shop.2artactical.com/custom-...ol-with-the-fostech-echo-arii-trigger-2165848

Order a lower, order the upper separately. Put it together when you get it home. Is that possible?

brentC

Jun 14, 2020
    Update:

I just figured out the lower is Spikes Tactical 9mm which is on the approved Handgun Roster list under 9mm. (No model number)

Does this mean that this firearm is pretty much MD legal? It seems like I may be able to get away with ordering it complete.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    That's a good idea, Doc....my only suggestion is make sure your lower and BCG (bolt carrier group) is compatible....ie: spikes lower may use Colt mags....there are guns that use Colt style mags and those that use Glock mags...some BCgs are compatible with either, some work with one or the other

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    That's a good idea, Doc....my only suggestion is make sure your lower and BCG (bolt carrier group) is compatible....ie: spikes lower may use Colt mags....there are guns that use Colt style mags and those that use Glock mags...some BCgs are compatible with either, some work with one or the other

Spike's uses Grock mags....

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Cmmg radial delayed blowback much smoother shooting than direct blowback

I just shot a friends the other day and put my direct blowback up for sale to help finance the CMMG.

Now, my question is, do I get a rifle, chop some of the barrel off and have a suppressor pinned and welded to 16+ or just get the pistol and screw the suppressor on?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

...and still others that use MP5 mags.

ETA: I'm no longer in the basement. I've moved operations to the lawnmower shed. Kinda cozy in here...
    There's already a cot set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom